• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Must Have After Market Accessories and Parts

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Is there any must have accessories or after market parts for the 850? I'm really bored since our snow sucks and would love to buy something cool for my sleds. Problem is I think I already have everything except the stuff Skinz puts on their instagram that will never actually make for production... :face-icon-small-con

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Buy the slp pipe and let us know if it’s worth the money.

The skinz hood is available just call Eric at the racinstation.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Finally a thread I can get behind good job chadly. That being said BB your NA and see how that tickles your fancy.:eyebrows:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I already have a Diamond S can so not really keen on throwing on the SLP pipe. I just sent Racing Station an email. Hopefully they have a black Helium hood for my stocker.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
The BBs I have ridden aren't worth the hassle of mixing fuel. They don't seem to make that much more power...

Sorry to hear about your experiences. I've had quite the opposite experience with mine. Not a stocker of any brand that can touch it. Will be BB my 850 this summer.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I picked up the Helium hood for my stocker. After the install I have decided to order a second one for my turbo and run a snorkel out the top in the center. I'll post pictures of that in the turbo section when I get it done.

IMAG1675.jpg IMAG1674.jpg

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Did they short you a hose clamp and instructions like they did me? And what boards do you like better the skinz are B&m fab boards

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
BRP removable snow flap! It’s very anti-social so it’ll fit your personality. I have one and I basically never have it connected. Doesn’t seem to make any difference to how the sled cools on the trail ride in. I tested it one day on a hard trail and it didn’t lower the temp even one bar. So I guess you could just save money and remove the flap you have.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Did they short you a hose clamp and instructions like they did me? And what boards do you like better the skinz are B&m fab boards

Funny you say that. They shorted me one hose clamp haha

I like the B & M because I actually have them. I ordered a couple sets from Skinz 2 years ago and they never got them to me. B & M are definitely heavier duty. I put Skinz air locks on them though and bought kold kutters because they are black not gold like the screws B & M sends out.

Last edited:
N
Nov 27, 2007
Tacoma, Washington
Same situation down here in Tahoe....low snowpack so I'm stuck spending money on aftermarket parts.

Doesn't look like you've bought a brake reservoir guard, I wasn't sold on them until a buddy cracked his the other day when we were thrashing through some trees. Ordered a MTNKPerformance one....TKI was sold out...both are about $50.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Kind of a trivial project, but the little brake res protector from ZRP is worth the few bucks they cost. busted plastic resivors is such a dumb problem.

fugly27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
British Columbia
I picked up the Helium hood for my stocker. After the install I have decided to order a second one for my turbo and run a snorkel out the top in the center. I'll post pictures of that in the turbo section when I get it done.
It looks better than i thought it would. How does the hood fit? Is there much modification to the air box? Can you post a picture looking down on the speedo? Thanks

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
It looks better than i thought it would. How does the hood fit? Is there much modification to the air box? Can you post a picture looking down on the speedo? Thanks

The airbox is gone. The only real modification is you have to cut off the flared end of the air box flange.

IMAG1687.jpg IMAG1686.jpg

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
The airbox is gone. The only real modification is you have to cut off the flared end of the air box flange.

I didn’t get any instructions with my kit, but I didn’t cut the air box, I just insterted, the steel piece with the sensor in the air box, and put the clamp on seems to work fine so far.

4CD13548-93C8-405F-815C-1C47FE8B75FC.jpg

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I have helium hoods on my XMs. It’s made of such a soft plastic that I’m always having to fiddle with the side panels and how it fits. If you run thru tree branches or bury the side panels into the snow it gets all wonky on the sled. It’s torn around the mounting screw holes on one side so I’m going to use fender washers to try and capture the torn plastic. Not the best for tree riders.
Chadly you’ll be fine on the trail and meadows tho.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I have helium hoods on my XMs. It’s made of such a soft plastic that I’m always having to fiddle with the side panels and how it fits. If you run thru tree branches or bury the side panels into the snow it gets all wonky on the sled. It’s torn around the mounting screw holes on one side so I’m going to use fender washers to try and capture the torn plastic. Not the best for tree riders.
Chadly you’ll be fine on the trail and meadows tho.

Run through the trees??? Is that what you call it when you send your junk tomahawking down the hill trying to kill 1500psi and myself and have it smash into my sled. Your helium hoods are trashed because your riding skills :face-icon-small-dis

IMG_0561.jpg

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Holy crap guys!!!! Look in the lower right corner of that picture. There appears to be a little bald snow gremlin sneaking away from Chadly’s accident scene. I wonder if the snow gremlin pulled Chadly into that tree well. That happens a lot, my phone is full of pictures of Chadly either trying to kill trees, have sex with trees or just check how deep the tree wells are.

Premium Features