• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ktm ambient air temp sensor w airbox mod

D
Mar 6, 2003
MN
What have you guys done with the ambient air temp sensor when using modified air intakes such as the PST or timbersled setup? In stock form the white portion is inside the airbox, it would be possible to put a hole in the PST or timbersled silicone hose to keep it in the air stream, but I'm wondering if this is necessary and if it could be mounted to the frame for example if all it is looking for is the air temp?

Thanks

sensor.jpg

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Not sure what Install kit you have. The TSS install kit comes with an air intake that has the temp boss molded into it. Get one of these if you dont have one?? Build one ?? The intake air temp will be different than at the frame. :face-icon-small-coo

TSS.jpg

D
Mar 6, 2003
MN
I'm using a PST intake. Perfect fit and nicely built, but I need to figure out what I want to do with the air sensor.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Here's what I did with mine.

9d738e237f2ece7bb9ade214cb7284f9.jpg

D
Mar 6, 2003
MN
Thanks guys! I'm going to try making a little mount up via our 3d printer at work. I'll post a picture or two once I get it done / installed.

Premium Features