For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2019, 09:49 AM
Currently: Waiting For The '20 To Come
Basic Member
TyDwyer33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wraps

What is everybodys's opinions on wraps ?

Looking at ordering one for the new sled but unsure if I wanna pull the trigger or not not.

Hard to say when you havent seen the new sled yet lol.

Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to TyDwyer33 For This Useful Post:
kanedog (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 11:25 AM
Currently: working for the man
boondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond repute

My pro-lite sled came with one on it. I had to replace some plastic panels and the tunnel so I had to strip it all off. I don't like the bare sled look so I did a new wrap on it. It looks really nice but it was $400, a solid 1/2 day of prep and application, and added 2.5lb of vinyl to the sled. I won't do another one unless I'm in the same situation again where I really need to cover the whole sled again. Since they all come with painted tunnels there's really no technical advantage to the tunnel wrap like there used to be on a bare aluminum one.

Ride it as-is and save the money for gas gets my vote.
2009 M1300, 2001 Mountain Cat 800 LE, 1972 Kitty Cat
Gone but not Forgotten:
1999 Powder Special 600 LE, 1998 Powder Special 600, 1993 EXT 550, 1980 JAG 340

Old 05-14-2019, 12:04 PM
Currently: Not set.
ndfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you can get a deal, a full wrap on average is $550 and add tax to that it and it's almost $600. To me $600 is a combination of: boards, can, handlebars, bumpers, guards and brake levers. All of which should make the sled more enjoyable than some purdy colors. I am all about making the sled "yours" but unless you have the extra coin to throw around focus on making the sled more rideable and performance.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndfb35 For This Useful Post:
TyDwyer33 (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 12:23 PM
Basic Member
zimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same opinion as the guys who posted above me. I bought an Alpha this year and went with an Octane Ink. wrap. It was custom and cost me about $600 bucks. It really made the sled look mean.

However, looking back now I could have spent that $600 bucks on performance items that could have really benefited the sled. I would say that one big positive is the protection it has provided. I ride my sled hard, as do most of us, and I put a lot scratches in that wrap this year, which saved the stock plastics. Whenever I decide to sell the sled and upgrade, it's not going to look like I hit every tree I went by.

Old 05-14-2019, 02:21 PM
Basic Member

Thanks for the insight fellas. Was on the fence but leaning more away from the wrap and this was all was curious on. Dont wanna have to be replacing parts when I end up kissing a tree or breaking panels or what not.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:43 AM
jakey-boy has a reputation beyond reputejakey-boy has a reputation beyond reputejakey-boy has a reputation beyond reputejakey-boy has a reputation beyond reputejakey-boy has a reputation beyond reputejakey-boy has a reputation beyond reputejakey-boy has a reputation beyond reputejakey-boy has a reputation beyond reputejakey-boy has a reputation beyond reputejakey-boy has a reputation beyond reputejakey-boy has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

It will actually blow your mind how much a good wrap will hold your plastics together. I have wrapped my last 7 sleds and everytime I take one off I have plastics that were cracked underneath that I never even knew were broke because the wrap was keeping everything together. They definitely add durability and protect your investment from scratches etc. Also a busy wrap will hide scratches and dirt/grease. But in the end you have to decide if that $500 is worth it to you. I like the looks and protection they provide.

Click here for Awesome Sled Pics!!!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-15-2019, 11:14 AM
Currently: patiently waiting for snow
bgraff1 has a reputation beyond reputebgraff1 has a reputation beyond reputebgraff1 has a reputation beyond reputebgraff1 has a reputation beyond reputebgraff1 has a reputation beyond reputebgraff1 has a reputation beyond reputebgraff1 has a reputation beyond reputebgraff1 has a reputation beyond reputebgraff1 has a reputation beyond reputebgraff1 has a reputation beyond reputebgraff1 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate wraps and think they are a big waste of money. in Canada your looking at $800+ plus install. I also hate all factory stickers and rip them off of every sled, truck, rzr I own lol. I get they keep some scratches off the plastic but that doesn't justify the price. plus half the wraps just look like $hit IMO, I prefer a clean look with some powder coating

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-15-2019, 01:50 PM
Basic Member
zimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond reputezimmy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I cannot figure out a good way to insert an imagine but you can click on my attachment. I do not think that all wraps look like crap. In fact, I would highly recommend Octane Ink because I haven't seem them produce any wraps that don't look good. In addition, they can customize to anything you want. I'm super happy how my alpha turned out.

I also would never pay someone to install for me. If you look closely, you can tell I screwed up in a few spots where things don't line up. However, it was my first time and not hard at all. Anyone can do it, so I'd NEVER pay to bring it in.

I really do agree, the added protection for a 14-15K dollar machine is nice. You just have to justify if it's worth spending the extra $500 bucks or not. To each their own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alpha.jpg (75.1 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by zimmy44; 05-15-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:36 PM
Currently: You have reached thelimit of your Free BasicMember readingprivileges.
Basic Member
Motorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond repute

Its a preference thing. I can't justify spending that kind of money on just looks alone.. Seems strange to me.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:29 PM
Currently: loving my MTNTK turbo
niner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond repute

[IMG][/IMG]

I like wraps just so you can personalize your sled. The Alpha stock graphics were junk but had a cool look. I went with a gloss black wrap with stockish looks. Do what you want, just make it your own.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:55 AM
Basic Member
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 05-16-2019, 09:34 AM
Currently: loving my MTNTK turbo
niner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond reputeniner has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to niner For This Useful Post:
TyDwyer33 (05-16-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 04:38 PM
Thanked 1,607 Times in 682 Posts
madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-18-2019, 09:50 PM
Basic Member
EOREGON has a reputation beyond reputeEOREGON has a reputation beyond reputeEOREGON has a reputation beyond reputeEOREGON has a reputation beyond reputeEOREGON has a reputation beyond reputeEOREGON has a reputation beyond reputeEOREGON has a reputation beyond reputeEOREGON has a reputation beyond reputeEOREGON has a reputation beyond reputeEOREGON has a reputation beyond reputeEOREGON has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register