• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI belt drive

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
When I talked to them today they told me they just got word that cat might of changed how they attach the top gear and are trying to find a 15 to check and mock up. They kit was around $900 or $850 for mine because I don't need the oil tank and brackets

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Finally went over to TKI yesterday and got my name put on one for this fall. Seems strange worrying about sled parts in July.

Last edited:

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Just made a deposit on this item. Looking forward to pulling the sled into the garage and start wrenching again. Means it getting closer!

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Ordered mine last week. Should be here any day now. Great service from Tom and a good guy to talk to

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
Any information on the 15's?????????????????? Is TKI going to be at Hay days so a person can see this set up in person?

Let's say you are in the mountains and the system fails how long will it take to put it back to stock. My only fear is if it failed in the mountains is that sled dead in the water or can you switch it back out? Get new parts?

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
Any information on the 15's?????????????????? Is TKI going to be at Hay days so a person can see this set up in person?

Let's say you are in the mountains and the system fails how long will it take to put it back to stock. My only fear is if it failed in the mountains is that sled dead in the water or can you switch it back out? Get new parts?

After installing mine I think the only thing that could really break would be the bearings in the tensioner or the actual tensioner cover that replaces your chain case cover. I suppose you could carry spare bearings but if the whole cover or tensioner breaks your prob getting towed out! I'd still rather take my chances with the TkI or C3 than cats setup.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
X2 - broke belt much easier to replace then a broke chain. Not sure there is much that could go wrong, other then bearings. But I don't think that is likely. Toms kit was put through the works tested all last season. Great success stories with pol and doo, would expect nothing less for cat.

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
Thanks guys that is what I wanted to know. The oil tank is on the outside plate or cover? No chance of oil spilling onto the belt? It is hard to tell by the pictures. The oil tank will get me through 1 1/2 tanks of fuel? Thanks again for the help.

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
Thanks guys that is what I wanted to know. The oil tank is on the outside plate or cover? No chance of oil spilling onto the belt? It is hard to tell by the pictures. The oil tank will get me through 1 1/2 tanks of fuel? Thanks again for the help.

No help there, oil inj delete

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada

No spill ...it's a sealed unit and holds 2 liters ...you will have no issues getting through a tank of fuel

image.jpg

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Here are some pics I 'borrowed' from TKI's facebook page. It gives you a good idea how the oil tank sits and where the brackets mount on the cover plate. The tank uses the factory oil cap, so it will not leak. Looks like a much more friendly location to fill the oil. I bought a setup with the oil tank, can post pictures once I mount the kit. Won't be anytime soon. Bow season first! :face-icon-small-hap

TKI Oil Tank brackets (resized 2).jpg TKI Oil Tank (resized 2).jpg

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
I will see him at Hay days then. Thanks for the help guys. I am moving son up to M8000 this year and weight is really going to matter.

TKILLC

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2011
Billings Montana
Hey guys sorry for the late response. I will be at haydays in the Sledhead racing booth. Believe it is by the entrance of the swap meet. We will have kits on display and a sled on display with kit installed.

The 15 kit is the same as the 12-14 except for the top gear. 15 uses a different top gear. Saying this you can only expect there is a different jackshaft for 15, defiantly looks stronger and a better design no sharp corners.

Swinecat

The kit is simple, the most difficult thing is to swap out the top bearing in the chain case. Directions are easy to follow. And like directions say use a heat gun not a open flame. Changing belts is easy "IF" you break one, the oil tank can easily be removed and set aside to gain access to the bottom cover and tensioner assembly. The bottom cover uses the stock fasteners, you will want to buy a star bit and a small ratchet to add to your tool kit. On the kits we tested we did not use all of the screws to hold the bottom cover, we used the ones that were easiest to access.

Hope this helps

High Life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW Montana
Footwell clearance

Does anybody have any photos of the right footwell area after the kit is installed? I'm just curious how much clearance there is for my boot and how much narrower it is than with the stock chain case...

On most sleds its probably not an issue, but since I'm looking at putting narrow running boards on my sled, I'm going to be losing room in the footwell from the outside as well and don't want it too narrow for my boot!

Last edited:

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
TKILLC, If I run through 12 to 13 gallons of fuel the oil will make it through the day?

There are days we use that much or more if we have to run further out to get to the better snow.

Last edited:
Premium Features