• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The moment you've been waiting for

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I think the anti stab is nice.
I can't see the rail braces in the pic. I didn't know we had rail problems.
I do want the larger driven shaft.

Ridin da Yamacat

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
WHAT A PHUKKIN JOKE

A/C COULDN'T FIND THE G- SPOT ON A 100 LB. PUCCY

ANTI-STAB KIT, NEW BUMPER ON THE HCR, A NYTRO POWERED CAT, AND BNG.
VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I don't know what you guys were expecting???? Lets go back a few years and learn from history. M chassis in 2005 came out, refined in 2006, refined in 2007 with new powerplants, refined in 2008, refined in 2009, refined in 2010 with a new powerplant, refined in 2011. Great sled all the way through.

Proclimb came out in 2012, refined in 2013, refined in 2014, refined in 2015 with a new powerplant, refined in 2016, refined in 2017 with a new powerplant. See the patterns?

How long did we have the ZR chassis? Basically 1996 through 2002 with the Mountain Cat version of that being tweaked in 2003 and 2004.

I have ridden all the players out there and I like the Proclimb chassis the best. It has its flaws, but is a strong package. It is getting better each year and is here to stay for a while.

Cat has the BEST 800 engine.
Cat has the BEST suspension package.
Cat has the ONLY factory turbocharger.
Cat has the BEST 600 engine.
Cat has the BEST stock mountain tracks.
Cat has the BEST Yamaha motor;)

Look at all the good that we have to work with. I know a whole crowd of young guys that would love to have a new sled, but it is not in the cards for them. If you have the opportunity or ability to do so, just be glad not getting the graphics package you wanted is your biggest worry tonight.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I`m going to keep my 2013 LTD a few more years I see :) I would hope they would do more to the M7000 model, since Yamaha did release that insane looking "M" series :)
The tiger striped M8000 was awesome! :D

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I see boost in my near future!
Eric any word on my can?

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
what new powerplant?

it;s the same motor since 2010, it's now 5 years old. If Nissan can come out with a 88 lb -400 Hp motor, why in the hell can't Cat make a 180HP 850, or 900. Direct Injection the Suzuki Gsxr1000 is making almost 200HP

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
i love hoe everyone rips on cat for doing a BNG year...but noone goes and rips on the poo poo for doing minor refinements for 2014 lol the cat has come along away. but i think the 14s looked better lol

PC800SP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2011
Harlan, Iowa
Kincaid and McClure Edition

If they are making a Kincaid and McClure special editions where is the speedwerxs supercharger and racewerx front and rear bumper and the cool running boards??? And the Powder Pro Skis and the 3in. Track????? And the High Dollar Fox Shocks??? And the list goes on.

Last edited:
B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Why not have a 162 with the Nytro motor. Do I have to go get a Yamaha? I was thinking a 270 kit on that sled would be sweet.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Wow that was worse than Yamaha's release. Doesn't bode well for the Polaris and Ski Doo releases.

Oh well, all the new sleds for 14 are freaking awesome so I'll quit complaining now and be very very happy with my current ride! I'm sure my wife will be thrilled! She kinda hates that "I'm gonna snowcheck!" announcement anyway.

One of these days though I do really want to try one of the new 4 strokes. Looks like the 4 stroke market is going to be a "Chevy or GMC" choice for awhile, huh?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
If they are making a Kincaid and McClure special editions where is the speedwerxs supercharger and racewerx front and rear bumper and the cool running boards??? And the Powder Pro Skis and the 3in. Track????? And the High Dollar Fox Shocks??? And the list goes on.

NOPE. All we get is a sled idolizing some trail rider.

Sorry, Kincaid might be good at something, but play with his sled if you ever get a chance... it's pitiful. It's set up like a trail sled, the WORST kind of example for what we want in a mountain sled.

The thing is badazz for sure, but try to pick up the front or back... it takes a heman, because the skis are set up so ungodly heavy. His sled is the perfect example of how much you can screw up a good thing with the wrong setup.

It bugs the heck out of me that they use these guys as their "pro models"... before they became the new cat poster girls, I had no idea who they were, and I still don't know what they do...

few years back they had two of the best in the world... and they didn't listen to them, now we get these guys.

This sucks... stuck on a dang doo for another year! I'm pretty stoked to hear that they're using Zuk motors for a few more years though, maybe by the time they get a sled I want to ride again they'll still have the best motor on the market... that would be cool.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
The biggest disappointment is still crappy skis. I was hoping the would have a 800 or bigger version of their 600 engine. Everyone wanted to buy new last year so they still ad the HO mill, now they are all bitchen because they still use it! 20 lb. weight loss looks good. I hope it's not like how do always lost weight each year until they got back to the weight they were 5 years earlier!

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Positive positive

Look at it like this the 14 value is still there . Right

Why would you buy new BNG when you can buy a hold over and put a belt drive on it for the same price as a new 15? :face-icon-small-hap Put your name and Graphics on your own sled and tell them its a 15 limited release just for you. :face-icon-small-coo

Here's the highlights from Arctic Cat for 2015:

• The big news for Arctic Cat for 2015, for the mountain crowd at least, is the addition of two new 2-stroke models and one new 4-stroke model.
  • The 2015 M6000 153 and M6000 Sno Pro 153 feature Cat's new 6000-Series C-TEC2 engine. This twin-cylinder engine with dual-stage injection features batteryless EFI, electic oil pump, APV electronic power valves, exhaust pipe temperature system (EPTS), knock sensor and engine-reverse technology. The lightweight 599cc engine meets Tier III EPA emissions regulations.
  • The 2015 M7000 Sno Pro 153 features the proven Yamaha 4-stroke triple-cylinder 1049-cc engine. It's a quick-revving EFI with an engine management system that eliminates engine braking.
  • The popular M8000 Sno Pro (the Rob & Dave Special...) returns with several key improvements and upgrades for 2015.
  • Three Special Edition graphics packages are available for 2015: M8000 David McClure Special Edition; M8000 Rob Kincaid Special Edition; ZR 6000 Tucker Hibbert Special Edition.
  • Spring Order incentives: get 6.9% financing for 60 months plus 3-year warranty plus free Cat's Pride membership plus up to $300 Cat Cash plus Limited Edition Leather Jacket. Spring order deadline is April 30, 2014.
2015 M Series updates and improvements:

• All M models get front-mounted wheel kit on the rear suspension rails that prevent the rail tip from stabbing the track window.
  • All M models get new magnesium idler wheel blocks with 6mm fasteners on rear suspension for reduced weight.
  • All M models get new larger-diameter driven shaft with snap-ring bearing mount instead of taper-lock bearing for improved durability and serviceability.
  • All M models with Fox Float 3 shocks get new bleed shim valving for improved comfort and control in bumps. The air fill port has been moved to the side to make it easier to attach the Float pump for easier calibration.
  • All M Sno Pro models fet added rail braces in the rear suspension for increased durability.
  • M7000 model gets new rear suspension rail profile with longer fron arm shock for improved weight balance.
  • M8000 and M9000 Series Sno Pro and LTD models get new front ProClimb bumper.

Last edited:
Premium Features