• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

very disappointed in you arctic cat guys

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
G
Jan 18, 2012
I LOVE MY HC 800 and i am a BELT BLOWER... yeah first year sleds have problems. but you know what this motor being as strong and powerfull as it is sells me on this sled. i cant help but love the feel i get on this sled. NOTHING but grins when i wheelie anytime i want and can maneuver in many places that my doo buddy cant. he is as well going to try a cat this year as well after seeing the way my sled performs. CHIN UP we are die hards and we are loyal. i use this forum to extend my experiance as well as listen and read what others discover and can teach me.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Call it whining if you want but I call it constructive criticism. Despite all the frustrations 2012 owners had to deal with there was some very productive threads and ideas on here about how to make these sleds better, not just pointless b!tching. How about a thanks to all of us who cracked TCLs, snapped jackshafts, wore holes in our side panels, had split coolant hoses ,sticking clutches, and rasta man belts and voiced these problems so they would be addresses. The die hards knew these sleds could be better and Cat listened, your 2013 will be a much improved sled because of it. You haven't even ridden it yet just wait until your taking pow shots to the face with a huge sh!t eating grin before you judge your "switching" experinece!

The real truth of why the PC forum seemed to be all B*** chin last year and AC deserved it.

Ride hard and pop a belt. Ride easy and pop a belt. This happened to way too many people and AC did nothing until it became a scream. Then they got to work and gave us a free belt and extra warranty. To this day they are still trying to figure out the AC drive system. It wasn't right.
AKSP, you always enjoyed the handling of the PC. No denying it outshines the M chassis in open country and big air (except the hood opening up and motor hitting the frame and snow on the clutches in early season snow). How much fun was it when you couldn't get a ride out of a belt. Are you being the advocate now because it is time to get another sponser?

The rest of the 2012 (and the 2013 is a whole different animal thanks to 2012 owners) out of box fails (steering, snow injestion, suspention set-up) were mostly mountian set-up problems and easily cured with some refinements. But,,, they were glaring issues to those of us used to the best ('11 M sleds).

By the end of a too short season I had my PC working well. I started early. I had the clutching under control with out an extra brace (did some things others have not tried yet) and the handling was awesome in spring snow (but again not out of the 2012 crate). The 2013 is not much different and AC still forgot a couple of things (make sure you beer can your disc before the first powder ride) that others have done.

So let's call a spade a spade. The 2012 needed some major work and Cat did it to the 2013 plus the bonus of the 2.6 track (it will prove to be the biggest improvement and be king of the hill).
What irks me still is the way Cat handled their "passionate" 50th buyers with the large list of needed improvements for the 2012 PC mountain sled.

If that's B***chin then I was B***chin. But I stopped and jumped to the gutless Poo (but with a grin). I'll jump back If AC finishes the PC themselves. Or, maybe not if the others beat them to it.

The world keeps turning and winter is coming. Enjoy what you get.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
The real truth of why the PC forum seemed to be all B*** chin last year and AC deserved it.

AKSP, you always enjoyed the handling of the PC. No denying it outshines the M chassis in open country and big air (except the hood opening up and motor hitting the frame and snow on the clutches in early season snow). How much fun was it when you couldn't get a ride out of a belt. Are you being the advocate now because it is time to get another sponser?

im not going to sit here and tell you i wasn't pissed at cat on how they handled there clutching issue.... that was strait bs... when nobody believed me i was going nuts!

but even with the issues i put 1200 miles on my proclimb and my 10m got 200 (only rode it when the pro climb was in for warranty!)

i did better then i ever have in my races, and the issues were never bad enough to where i couldn't get out of the mountains on my own power.

even pulled me a pro rmk out of the mountains once! it didnt feel so lite on a rope.

-Aksnopro

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I can not wait to ride the 13. For me, the improvement of the HCR heat exchanger will be very nice!

One thing is for sure, and that is the motor rocks.

Its by far the most reliable 800 out there. Its right on par with the E tec for power.

I personally had no issues when running the Team secondary. However, I'm interested to see how the 13 M8 LE 153 runs compared to the 12 M8 153 SP.

I really like the handling. The sled is very nimble and easy to put on its side. The suspension is 10 times better in the rough stuff then my 11 M8.

I think everyone has been way to negative about the ProClimb.

Granted the M series set the bar high, but I think the ProClimb is better.

I'm interested to see what people say when they replace the Pro RMK? Will its replacement live up to the current PRO owners expectations???

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
You know with what i do, i find myself jumping from forum to forum reading just about every post on every brand, just to keep up to speed on what the guys really want on my end of things. Seems that its just not real world goo to bat 100 on every sled off the assembly line with every brand. Yes they have fault in one area or another, and then you also have the normal,chalk it up to $hit happens. Every year i find myself with less time to actually ride the way i used to, so the choice to jump from one ship to another would in all honesty be difficult to say the least. There is, in every sport, hobby, what have you, going to be competition. Heck, that leads us to the level were at with sledding to this point. Just look how far things have come in the last 3 years, let alone the last 10. Lets face it, the bottom line in my oppinion is.......out of the four major brand out there, they are all a pretty amazing vehicle. Thanks!
Dan

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
you forgot the last sentence.

And only one is still building a mtn sled.

pretty sad when if you went to the mountains and if we where headed to the backcountry I would have to choose the M over the new PC just so I can sidehill downhill into places where the PC would be wadded up in the bottom. Or at least every PC but 1 I know of.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Wyo - i think the mods should put a sticky thread up so you can once and for all proclaim how you dont like how the PC sidehills. How many times do you have to repeat it? I think we get it by now. Not all of us have Alzheimers man.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Honestly I can sidehill my bone stock pro climb a million times better then my old M! And that's both sides, my M I couldn't sidehill on the right side to save my life and now I can side hill all day long, slow, fast, uphill, downhill it don't matter!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Wyo - i think the mods should put a sticky thread up so you can once and for all proclaim how you dont like how the PC sidehills. How many times do you have to repeat it? I think we get it by now. Not all of us have Alzheimers man.

No, no, no, not a sticky, the advertisement on the snowest homepage.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Honestly I can sidehill my bone stock pro climb a million times better then my old M! And that's both sides, my M I couldn't sidehill on the right side to save my life and now I can side hill all day long, slow, fast, uphill, downhill it don't matter!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

Dont take too much offense to this but if you cant sidehill any sled to the right vs the left its because you are an inexperienced backcountry rider. The proclimb is easier because you have a better skill set now.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
You keep getting it wrong,
I never said it wont sidehill, it actuallya sidehills easier than most other sleds, until you pass a certain angle.
Just like a doo which is the first to panel out btw.
But once you hit the limits the M will go farther and the pro a little farther than that.

H
Feb 28, 2012
you forgot the last sentence.

And only one is still building a mtn sled.

pretty sad when if you went to the mountains and if we where headed to the backcountry I would have to choose the M over the new PC just so I can sidehill downhill into places where the PC would be wadded up in the bottom. Or at least every PC but 1 I know of.

You and your sled are so AWSOME... When you wake in the mornings do your p#ss excellence? You should change your name to RICKY BOBBY

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
You and your sled are so AWSOME... When you wake in the mornings do your p#ss excellence? You should change your name to RICKY BOBBY

Sorry truth hurts I guess, was that you in the vid.
If your so great why don't you educate me, I have offered to several ppl cash in hand if they would be so kind. So until you come get the money I'll just keep piling it on.

BTW, I never said it wasn't good in some ways, in fact I said it was a great all around on off trail sled,

Last edited:
A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Wyo you would bitch about 99$ not being a 100, then bitch about it in every post that anyone likes or talks good about there 99$ there happy with...

Im not discrediting your facts im just sick of your breath in every topic preaching it.

What i am saying is you fixed your issue you had with it, if someone comes in with a problem topic about how there sleds paneling out then....... BAM theres your time to shine my friend!

Till then its not an issue for me and were sick of you raining on our parade challenging people in every topicw!!! Boasting your chest.

My hcr is the sweetest flying sled i have been on to date and ya its frustrating to get on here and have you beating it up in every topic on an issue that nobody but you and a few others are having issues with...

Make a topic on paneling out!!
you can post in it daily about how much it panels out to get your fix...

Oh!!! And you could challenge anyone in there without derailing ever topic!!

Ob and in there you could whine about how your pro rmk buddies out rode you into a bowl and how it was all the sleds fault!

Muahaha

-Aksnopro

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Dont take too much offense to this but if you cant sidehill any sled to the right vs the left its because you are an inexperienced backcountry rider. The proclimb is easier because you have a better skill set now.

It's not that I couldn't sidehill it, it was just a struggle! Obviously you've never rode an M with mech reverse one side of the sled weighs 30# more then the other! So watch who your calling inexperienced bub lol

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
It's not that I couldn't sidehill it, it was just a struggle! Obviously you've never rode an M with mech reverse one side of the sled weighs 30# more then the other! So watch who your calling inexperienced bub lol

Own 2 m series, one with mech reverse. left or right dont make a difference...

Premium Features