• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hmmm,,,

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
And still has a unreliable power plant that is under powered.....just so you know....
I didnt know that...hmm...maybe I should take mine in must be something wrong with it?....funny how all the cat guys know far more about the reliability of my poo then they do about their own sled....as for performance..does that mean cats great engine is tethered to a peice of chit chassis since it runs about equal to my crappy poo? Ride/work on what you want, matters not to me, and I think every manufacturer puts out good sleds and I think they all have brand specific issues...all I was trying to do was point out the 13 poo is lighter then the number they were referencing their info against....

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Oh, and I am going to add a lb back to add Nextechs Float sidehill assist so I can cheat a bit. Couples and uncouples the front shocks to make it like a sidehill combine - but a bit lighter! Lol

Since I am lighter and more hp than a Poo right now maybe I'll start making some more handling mods.....

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--don't forget, you can install HCR coolers and drop another 5-8lbs plus snow weight accumilation

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
hmmm...so anyway..my sled,an 07,6 years behind the time and new technology..

hmmm..when you fella's get to 400 lbs then your back in the ball park of my 2007...

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
And still has a unreliable power plant that is under powered.....just so you know....

alot of polaris in Alaska...Alaska is unforgiving...i think that Polaris has proven themselve in their own way,
i know once i ever get the coin for an upgrade the polaris is the first on my list..
the last Polaris i had was in 1972..the last skidoo was before that,its been Cats since...but that deformed yamaha nytro Cat has for the new platform is just down right gross..

G

gjp

Oct 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
alot of polaris in Alaska...Alaska is unforgiving...i think that Polaris has proven themselve in their own way,
i know once i ever get the coin for an upgrade the polaris is the first on my list..
the last Polaris i had was in 1972..the last skidoo was before that,its been Cats since...but that deformed yamaha nytro Cat has for the new platform is just down right gross..

Hmm.... who cares. What does this have to do with ProClimb weight loss?

Keep the info coming CatR. There are many who are positive about this topic. I just might have to pick up a few CF goodies from White Knuckle at the Edmonton show.

Last edited:
C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
--don't forget, you can install HCR coolers and drop another 5-8lbs plus snow weight accumilation

If this wasnt such a pain to do I would be on it in a second. Maybe next year? Or is there a way of doing it without tearing the whole chassis down?

Ak - i know you want to keep having Poo wet dreams but even if they are reliable all of the sudden maybe its because they're still down 15 hp? Not that i want to start yet another 'I want to marry a Poo' thread.:deadhorse:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
If this wasnt such a pain to do I would be on it in a second. Maybe next year? Or is there a way of doing it without tearing the whole chassis down?

Ak - i know you want to keep having Poo wet dreams but even if they are reliable all of the sudden maybe its because they're still down 15 hp? Not that i want to start yet another 'I want to marry a Poo' thread.:deadhorse:
no wet dreams here...I will give up 15 hp for the 60+ pds of weight it saves along with the deep snow handling..works fine for me...just as having 15 hp and carring 60 pds more works for you.....

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
If I had a penny for everytime Ive heard Poo guys or guys talking about jumping to poo in a Proclimb thread, I would be a millionaire. We do not care to hear how much the pro weighs, how it handles etc.when we are on this particular thread to talk about CatR putting great work into his sled to shed weight. Fine go ahead and compare the proclimb to what the pro weighs, etc, for your own purposes. But its getting really old seeing "pro is the best sled" in almost every arctic cat thread. I come here to read about cats, not polaris. By the way, can I mention that the PRO has been on the snow longer compared to the PC. Which the PC has one year, being a crap winter for most, not all of us though. I am not making excuses for the PC, yes it has problems and needs a lot of refining. but really guys were beating a dead horse with the pro vs pc topic. If you want a pro go buy one and quit talking about it, no cat guys are going to beg you to stay. Now if we can get back to the topic at hand.. great job CatR, its coming along nicely and I commend you for the efforts you are putting in. As well as the others who have put a lot of work into the PC's, Wyoboy, geo, cat1000s/p, bdx and the many others.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
If I had a penny for everytime Ive heard Poo guys or guys talking about jumping to poo in a Proclimb thread, I would be a millionaire. We do not care to hear how much the pro weighs, how it handles etc.when we are on this particular thread to talk about CatR putting great work into his sled to shed weight. Fine go ahead and compare the proclimb to what the pro weighs, etc, for your own purposes. But its getting really old seeing "pro is the best sled" in almost every arctic cat thread. I come here to read about cats, not polaris. By the way, can I mention that the PRO has been on the snow longer compared to the PC. Which the PC has one year, being a crap winter for most, not all of us though. I am not making excuses for the PC, yes it has problems and needs a lot of refining. but really guys were beating a dead horse with the pro vs pc topic. If you want a pro go buy one and quit talking about it, no cat guys are going to beg you to stay. Now if we can get back to the topic at hand.. great job CatR, its coming along nicely and I commend you for the efforts you are putting in. As well as the others who have put a lot of work into the PC's, Wyoboy, geo, cat1000s/p, bdx and the many others.
You are right, and I wasnt trying to convert anyone to a poo..just trying to insure acurate info as far as the weight comparisons they were making....thats why I posted the 13 poo is 17 pds lighter then the number they posted...I would like to see Catr post a pic of his sled hanging on a scale when hes all done and a complete breakdown of all parts/labor he put into it as well as cost.....but thats just because I like seeing other peeps ideas and mods....

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
You are right, and I wasnt trying to convert anyone to a poo..just trying to insure acurate info as far as the weight comparisons they were making....thats why I posted the 13 poo is 17 pds lighter then the number they posted...I would like to see Catr post a pic of his sled hanging on a scale when hes all done and a complete breakdown of all parts/labor he put into it as well as cost.....but thats just because I like seeing other peeps ideas and mods....

Who gives a flawk about 20lbs or even 60lbs. If that weight savings makes you any better than I would say maybe it's not the sled it might be the rider. I have no problem throwing my 1100t around and im 150lbs soaking wet. I would rather have 275hp and be 100lbs heavier than worrying about 40lbs. I think it's cool how guys are trying to shave weight off sleds but it's redic to say one is better cause it's 40lbs lighter......who cares......and if you don't like cats than stay in the poo section

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Who gives a flawk about 20lbs or even 60lbs. If that weight savings makes you any better than I would say maybe it's not the sled it might be the rider. I have no problem throwing my 1100t around and im 150lbs soaking wet. I would rather have 275hp and be 100lbs heavier than worrying about 40lbs. I think it's cool how guys are trying to shave weight off sleds but it's redic to say one is better cause it's 40lbs lighter......who cares......and if you don't like cats than stay in the poo section
I have nothing against cats..I sub contract out my services to a company who currently sell both cat and poo(and soon doo as well it sounds like) so I work on both year round..so I am here for info..so when someone ask me, I am going to buy this machine, what do I need to watch for? I can give them an honest answer...it also helps me make sure I cover everything when I set the sleds up (such as when the PC came out and some had air bubbles in the oil lines), thanks to info found here..we didnt loose a motor last year from oil issues...as far as weight..its been well documented in every form of motorized competition that there is both a handling and a performance gain based onHP/weight..so yeah most everyone is concerned about it....

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
So what your saying is I could take off my tunnel pack and gas jugs and I would beable to ride better ? Cause I don't think I would notice 20lbs......jmo

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
So what your saying is I could take off my tunnel pack and gas jugs and I would beable to ride better ? Cause I don't think I would notice 20lbs......jmo

Not flaming you but on my 06 mod I could tell a noticeable difference between a sled full of fuel and a 2 gallon jug on the tunnel. And at the end of the day when I was down to a quarter tank and that jug was empty.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
with your power to weight ratio..you may not be able to notice 20pds....but on a stock sleds power to weight ratio..yeah it should be noticable...

G

gjp

Oct 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
WARNING - may contain sarcasm

And I thought the grammar police were annoying. Next time I post weight I am going to photoshop the POO PRO is 20 lighter and see if anyone corrects it. :face-icon-small-ton

And yes, AK we know you are not hear to say the PRO is better, just to "stir the pot" right? I am following your lead and keep'in it real.:pop2:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

Actually... you should go back to the OP on this thread... it's EXACTLY about comparisons. Not asking for comparisons is exactly how cat fell behind in the first place, it NEEDS to be compared to the pro in order to get it's lard azz back in shape. Just like those people who have solid pros need to take the blinders off & realize that the motor IS underpowered, and it IS much less reliable than the suzuki 800. The poll I put up gave them a year lead, and shows WAY more miles... and it still shows 1/2 the issues that the poo motor has.

These aren't really debatable, both are facts. Both are issues that each company needs to address if they want to continue to compete. The funny thing is that people are leaving cat like crazy for a sled with a turd of a motor in a sport that's SO heavily entrenched in the need for horsepower & where a sled leaving you in the backcountry can have dire consequences. It doesn't take a clairvoyant to see that this is because it's a much better sled. If the pros 1 year lead was an issue, then the 13 should be ahead of the 11 pro for weight & handling now right?:face-icon-small-sho

G

gjp

Oct 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Actually... you should go back to the OP on this thread... it's EXACTLY about comparisons. Not asking for comparisons is exactly how cat fell behind in the first place, it NEEDS to be compared to the pro in order to get it's lard azz back in shape. Just like those people who have solid pros need to take the blinders off & realize that the motor IS underpowered, and it IS much less reliable than the suzuki 800. The poll I put up gave them a year lead, and shows WAY more miles... and it still shows 1/2 the issues that the poo motor has.

These aren't really debatable, both are facts. Both are issues that each company needs to address if they want to continue to compete. The funny thing is that people are leaving cat like crazy for a sled with a turd of a motor in a sport that's SO heavily entrenched in the need for horsepower & where a sled leaving you in the backcountry can have dire consequences. It doesn't take a clairvoyant to see that this is because it's a much better sled. If the pros 1 year lead was an issue, then the 13 should be ahead of the 11 pro for weight & handling now right?:face-icon-small-sho

IMO, this thread is NOT meant for A/C. The countless polls and rant threads served that purpose last season. It is for A/C riders, who are obviously aware of the weight. Hence, the loss weight thread. A/C will change its ways because of the supposed "exodus" to the other brands and its bottom line, not this thread.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota

I'm not necessarily saying to leave all comparisons out, I'm saying the people posting that they are leaving cat cause poo is better etc etc. That's just fine they can leave cat. But to the people who are posting actual comparisons based on facts is good for the thread as a whole.

Im saying the pro had a few years on the snow compared to the PC as far as working the bugs out, as far as the design flaws that is a whole other story. My point is when I come to read about the PC, I don't want to read in nearly EVERY single thread how the pro is better, we get it, it handles better and weighs less, but when I want to read something about a CAT it would be nice to read about a CAT. Just my opinion.

Premium Features