• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hmmm,,,

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
This forum seems to die without a comparison question.

So,,,(because I will ride both) will my Poo Pro get better belt life than my PC? Any personal experience out there?
While I'm asking, any body currently own both and have engine life comparison??
Do you think it is possible to lose 50 lbs off the PC for $4000.00 or less?

These are legit questions so please don't bash.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country

So,,,(because I will ride both) will my Poo Pro get better belt life than my PC? Any personal experience out there?

It is quiet on here.

Weight

Can - 15 lbs, $300
Hood - 10 lbs, $450
Misc. - 4lbs, free
Seat - 4lbs, $450
2l oil - 4lbs, free (counting this as I'm starting semi-weight)
Oil delete - 10 lbs more incl. 2l remaining oil, $50
Skis - 2lbs, $350, probably not your favs but lighter!
Ti scratchers, 1lb, $120

There, 50lbs for $1720. For the complete $4000, I can get a further:

CF tank - 10lbs, $1300
38" short spindles - 5lbs, $500 (guessed on this price)
HCR cooler - 7lbs, $400 (you do the work)

$3920 total + $80 for beer and pizza, 73lbs

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I'll qualify this with the fact that I only own a 2012 PooPro now.

I was insistent about the Polaris stock spare belt and concerned about keeping that expensive arse spare stored in just the right place to keep it in perfect condition.........

Fast forward to a season later, never once saw a Pro blow a belt, crazy.
Albeit a crappy short season down here (rode 6 calendar months), but not one belt. I was very surprised.

Maybe because it's so underpowered? ;)

Last edited:
G
Jan 18, 2012
i think its a good idea of a comparison... BUT your comparing a first year sled issues with one thats been out. either way this subject has been POUNDED harder than the sleds we ride:crutch: hahahaa

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
It is quiet on here.

Weight

Can - 15 lbs, $300
Hood - 10 lbs, $450
Misc. - 4lbs, free
Seat - 4lbs, $450
2l oil - 4lbs, free (counting this as I'm starting semi-weight)
Oil delete - 10 lbs more incl. 2l remaining oil, $50
Skis - 2lbs, $350, probably not your favs but lighter!
Ti scratchers, 1lb, $120

There, 50lbs for $1720. For the complete $4000, I can get a further:

CF tank - 10lbs, $1300
38" short spindles - 5lbs, $500 (guessed on this price)
HCR cooler - 7lbs, $400 (you do the work)

$3920 total + $80 for beer and pizza, 73lbs

50lbs for under $1800. Thats pretty impressive. Makes me want to get a 800.

You could do the HCR cooler even cheaper if you know a welder or can weld aluminum yourself. Just use yours and shorten it.

What skis are 2lbs lighter? And where can you get titanium scratchers?

I think Carbon fiber Spindles would be light. Wonder when someone will make a set.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Got both... Not sure onthe weight question because the added weight of the PC does not seem to bother us

As for belt life.. once you fix the PC (tie down the TCL) they are pretty close...Itall depends on the type of riding and load placed on the sled.. But the Pro can spit belts like the rest of them... especially if the crank run out is excessive.. We are testing some special belts on both sleds this season.. hopefully, these belts do well, but we had not problems with the stock belts.. the 115 belt is very expensive but will last longer.. the 122 belt works excellent but can not handle prolonged heat like the 115.. These new belts we tetsed last season worked great but could not take any punishment without failure... but when they worked, they worked better than anything.. so, there have been some changes tothe design and , hopefully, they will do the trick ...

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
50lbs for under $1800. Thats pretty impressive. Makes me want to get a 800.

You could do the HCR cooler even cheaper if you know a welder or can weld aluminum yourself. Just use yours and shorten it.

What skis are 2lbs lighter? And where can you get titanium scratchers?

I think Carbon fiber Spindles would be light. Wonder when someone will make a set.

The Ti scratchers were at a local dealer that I saw this spring. Not sure where they got them from. On the skis, I was doing some comparos a few months ago - again, don't remember which but I'll be doing some digging again soon and hopefully remember to post. What's with the detailed questions in August? I'm just trying to remember my favourite beer!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
The Ti scratchers were at a local dealer that I saw this spring. Not sure where they got them from. On the skis, I was doing some comparos a few months ago - again, don't remember which but I'll be doing some digging again soon and hopefully remember to post. What's with the detailed questions in August? I'm just trying to remember my favourite beer!

I searched quickly. NExtech sells them. $150.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
From what we have seen around here belt life is about the same on both....subject to proper setup. I am sure you will have everything triple checked so that is a given.

Engine life is the place the Cat will smoke the Polaris.

Polaris wins the weight contests.

I think you will like them both a lot and will have them set up right.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Many of us have been thinking of ways to do this already...

Get to work on it put your money where your mouth is. If I wanted to do it and had the money I would be done already. Heck I put a vector motor in a rev chassis I am sure that the 800 suzuki would be a snap in the pro chassis.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
HEre is your opportunity to put your money where your mouth is.

You supply the pro and the 800 suzuki and I will install it for $3000. Seems reasonable?

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
No need to lose weight if you boost it. And really whats the compparison between a boosted pro and a boosted proclimb? Just not waistin time on that 1.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Well that settles it then (not lol). I'll keep both and by the middle of the season I'll know which one is best for me.

Did that once before in '05. the M7 had 4000+ miles and the Doo Rev had 700.
It's expensive to be loyal.

Analyze, weight them, dyno them, polish them, but in the end it is the one you throw onto the truck in the morning that is the best sled for you. Enjoy.

Premium Features