• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ProClimb weight loss

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
ok...maybe its finally time for a little "call out" of my own...
i'm reading this crap and wow!!!
Kaleb(BCIL)....DUDE seriously...WTF...you love to poke, but when someone pokes back you don't handle it well.Its obvoius!!
You bait guys like "Norway" and... he bites and then you hammer him down...kinda uncool.
You guys are placing 1000.00 bets....thats gay...you know it will never happen.
I'm surprised your heads still fit into your helmets.
I noticed if people don't share your veiw then their stupid.
You hammer a lot of people..including me,there's days i don't even want to respond to a post ....i don't need to be ripped a new one or hammered into the ground because we don't share the same thought or ride the same geographical area...last time i checked Colorado was getting popular for all the wrong reasons.Oh yeah you're from Wisconsin(flat lander)
Aren't you a moderator on ARCTIC CHAT....then you come on here and talk trash about Cats and its dumb employees....WOW
Please go get your Polaris Pro or go make your own...whatever,no one cares ...really we don't...in fact i dare you!
In fact "Daltech" and others are right...there are people that ride better than others....there will always be someone better than you.you ride 60 days a year, Burandt rides 150+ days....who cares....thats his job...yours is Drywall.You don't know everything so quit acting like you do.
I think i know my answer come time for my "Premium Renewal" ....sorry Christopher... there's a few individuals on here... that make me not want to be here.
sorry Wyo,GEO,H.D.Rob,C.O. i've learned a lot from you!!

Oh no you didn't!!! Lol! :baby:

Really? If it's that bad, don't read their posts! I find BCIL and Wyo's post to be 30% worth while and 70% big headed smack talk! And really thats true for most of the crap you find on the internet! It's no worth crying over.:baby:

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Kaleb(BCIL)....DUDE seriously...WTF...you love to poke, but when someone pokes back you don't handle it well.Its obvoius!!
You bait guys like "Norway" and... he bites and then you hammer him down...kinda uncool.

You hammer a lot of people..including me,there's days i don't even want to respond to a post ....i don't need to be ripped a new one or hammered into the ground because we don't share the same thought or ride the same geographical area...last time i checked Colorado was getting popular for all the wrong reasons.Oh yeah you're from Wisconsin(flat lander)
Aren't you a moderator on ARCTIC CHAT....then you come on here and talk trash about Cats and its dumb employees....WOW
Please go get your Polaris Pro or go make your own...whatever,no one cares ...really we don't...in fact i dare you!
In fact "Daltech" and others are right...there are people that ride better than others....there will always be someone better than you.you ride 60 days a year, Burandt rides 150+ days....who cares....thats his job...yours is Drywall.You don't know everything so quit acting like you do.
I think i know my answer come time for my "Premium Renewal" ....sorry Christopher... there's a few individuals on here... that make me not want to be here.

I'm completely serious about that bet... I get to ride mountains 20 days a year if I'm lucky. And I may get my *** totally handed to me. But if I'm even close (which I'm pretty sure I will be) how ridiculous does that bet look when these guys live on the mountain.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

Maybe I've given you too much credit & assumed you know that I'm being sarcastic when I reply to you because you knew me... Sorry, I figured you got the joke. When I joke around about flatlanders... you dam well should get the joke, EXACTLY because you know where I'm from man... come on, what's the deal here? There's a ton of guys on here that I know DO get it... maybe I'm not using enough smileys???? I harass GFX about his math skills... and he knows I'm just givin him SH**, and he gives it right back... it's all good.

Not sure what the point is about riders... I constantly explain that it's NOT about being the best rider. You know me, you know I can ride... but I'm pretty sure you also know plenty of others just as good or better. I've NEVER, NOT ONCE, NOT EVER claimed to be some great rider, just someone that rides a lot, and pays attention to how things work & is willing to spend the time & money to help the sled & help others do the same. The only time I've harassed someone is when they tell me that the only reason the sled doesn't work like it should is because I don't know how to ride it or thinks that somehow it's beneath them to hear criticism of cat.

I also haven't put up any kind of bet... perhaps you're confused & thinking that just because WYO & I agree about the weaknesses of the PC that we're the same person?? I don't understand a lot of your post in that regard.

Yes, I'm a mod on ACchat... I'm a pretty cat loyal guy... that's exactly to the point. I don't WANT TO go buy a pro, I want cat to pick up the pace & build a better sled that completes with it.

If you want to take my criticisms of a snowmobile & a few engineers that work for cat who obviously didn't give much thought to a few items personally... I'm sorry, I can't help that. I'm not here to just piss you off... that was never my intent, and to hear it from you in particular just seem really odd.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm completely serious about that bet... I get to ride mountains 20 days a year if I'm lucky. And I may get my *** totally handed to me. But if I'm even close (which I'm pretty sure I will be) how ridiculous does that bet look when these guys live on the mountain.

And I'm completely serious about coming to ride with me... without a single penny being involved... it's FU**ING riding for god sake, just go have fun with people that are fun to ride with.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN

True true. Same here 10 days a year max. And for that I do well

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
And I'm completely serious about coming to ride with me... without a single penny being involved... it's FU**ING riding for god sake, just go have fun with people that are fun to ride with.

Absolutely would... Money or not... :rockon:

Never ridden that area of CO actually.... always like to try new things.

And I fully realize that you didn't originally offer up the bet. But how do you win if there's nothing to lose?

Last edited:
F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
BCIL, WYO, and everybody else who has a clue what being objective is PLEASE keep it up.

This is exactly the information that needs to be shared here!

The strengths and weaknesses of ALL manufacturer's are helpful to hear about for making informed decisions. Thank you for sharing your opinions:rockon:.

As far as where to do it, what place is more appropriate than the model specific forum???

I'm not calling anyone out in particular when I say this but you are always going to get crap from certain people such as:

SOME Dealers, Aftermarket guys, Brand Loyal drones, Anyone who decides they have beef with you or just the brand you ride for whatever reason...

These guys are in EVERY forum, and it's too bad some throw stones and try to shut people down when they share their true experiences that are sometimes UNPOPULAR.

I get crap in the POO forum too, some people can't stand to hear the truthful experiences of others especially after they have spent their hard earned money on a specific sled that they have decided is the best thing ever.
There are guys over there who still think the POO motor is just as powerful and reliable as the CAT 800:face-icon-small-dis In spite of the facts they will do everything to discredit anyone posting it up and tell them to go back to the CAT forum etc...

Same ****te happeneing here IMO.

I used to think Snowmobiler was a huge pain in the ARSE on here, but check out the doo forum sometime.
Now I think he has it right, be brand loyal if you like or not...WHO CARES ride what you want and what makes you happy. Just go out and have fun. Why cry about the people such as myself, BCIL, GEO, WYO, and the many others... who are actually trying to post up the best information we have EVEN when it goes against our preferred brand.

Being blinded by brand loyalty doesn't help everyone to get a better machine from the factory in the future. PLEASE Point out the weaknesses and discuss them openly! Put them on a billboard in Thief River Falls if that's what it takes.
I'd like to be riding a CAT again someday soon and be confident it is the best chassis and most powerful/reliable engine on the snow.

:face-icon-small-tonbtw-If this post offends anyone, suck it:face-icon-small-ton

Last edited:
F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Come on out... just don't ride with FCR112... THAT guy is just a flatlander from Wisconsin.:face-icon-small-sho

(and he rides a POS polaris;) )

WAAAAAAAAAA:baby: You hurt my feeling

I do still try to ride there at least once a year, when I feel the need, the need fer speeeeed:)

Last edited:

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
I have $1000 that says SLP will be sending me their pipe and Power commander. -19# and 8 Hp, yes please. Just remember fellas, it's the end of July and everybody gets irritable at 90+deg. Snow will come and time will tell what will work best this year. Let's just hope the aftermarket keeps more cool things coming our way. Both the pro an pc need them.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I have $1000 that says SLP will be sending me their pipe and Power commander. -19# and 8 Hp, yes please. Just remember fellas, it's the end of July and everybody gets irritable at 90+deg. Snow will come and time will tell what will work best this year. Let's just hope the aftermarket keeps more cool things coming our way. Both the pro an pc need them.

is that pounds lost with the pipe and can together or just the pipe? BTW the power commander weighs something so you have to add that back in :face-icon-small-ton

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
You know what I hate about the net? It puts all us yahoos together when there's not a chance we'll ever all get together for a beer. Todays conversation would be a hoot to watch in real life! Lol

Daltec - a thou says I'm the worst rider on this forum!:face-icon-small-ton

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
That's their pipe kit. Y pipe, pipe and can. Yeah I suppose I have to add some for the powercommander, sometimes you have to give a little to get alot:ballchain:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Somebody missed my point.

Ever notice how some of us talk trash yet where still around. Its because when someone needs real info or help we are the ones that know and help.
I have stated specific target areas of what it would take to make the PC better or the pro. Some of those I am the only person that knows the difference. Like the steering and the width, since I am the only one that has the mods to prove such mods (only one I know of) It is not sarcasm, cocky or talking trash. Its the facts, (for my style of riding)

I will ride for 0$ and will help anyone that wants it, the bet part is just a play, but if someone wants to make the bet we can arrange something. I just like to ride, but like I said I may not even be riding next year as I am investing so I can have the money to do what I really want. Until the money rolls I will just have to kick and scream I guess.

Any competent rider is also welcome to try my sled to see the result of my mods also.

So is it Cocky or Confident.

Beers and bomb fire would be a once in life time event!!!

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Wow. I had to go back to the OP to see where this thread started. A lot of passion here. Kinda got turned around though IMO. PC's a great sled. Enjoy

'Nuff said from me.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Here's a little back on topic food for thought. I have heard that the 05 m7 was the lightest of all the m's. (if I'm wrong please tell me, never seen it myself, just going on what I've heard)

From 05-08 it gained weight every year until 09 when it lost 22 or 25lbs or something like that. It wasn't really until 09 that it became "the backcounty sled" to have.

Not to mention the 10-11(which was only 4 model years ago) set the engine standard.

Now look at he pro... in its third year it has gotten a lot of upgrades and goodies.

Our second year of the PC is getting quite a few goodies (new track, narrow arms, other issues fixed, has lost a few lbs)

I guess my point here is that the m in its first year was not some out of the box show stopper. It took time and refinement to get there. I think the PC will be the same evolution. Lets just be happy that the people a cat aren't like Yami where they release a sled and do nothing significant over the life of the sled.

If we get the kind of goodies in our 3rd year that the pro got in its 3rd year I think we would all be pretty happy.

We can all agree lighter is better..... And its getting there.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
The Poo Pro was the response to the '05-11 M-Series. Believe the frustration by many is AC went backwards in several key areas. If we would have gotten the next logical evolution of the old Ms last year, Poo wouldn't be the market leader.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
The Poo Pro was the response to the '05-11 M-Series. Believe the frustration by many is AC went backwards in several key areas. If we would have gotten the next logical evolution of the old Ms last year, Poo wouldn't be the market leader.

I really like the point that you make there....

Would you agree that 3 years ago on this very forum when news of a new chassis was being spread around, most (not all) were clamoring for the sno-pro(racer) chassis to be the new mountain chassis. I remember people doing photoshops and everything....

Well.... now here we are and cat gave us exactly what we asked for.

A stretched out racer.

I kinda feel like cat gave us what we asked for.... but we outsmarted ourselves. And we went backwards because of it.

Premium Features