• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Cats are up!

Chris6060

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2009
Fort St. John, British Columbia
Well, they have a narrower stance, same motors, same chaincase design. New track, but other than all of that, they're pretty much the exact same sled.

I don't think they're any lighter.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
The black one does look great. Does anyone notice in the video that the pro riders are not even doing smooth powder turns? Some of the conditions look pretty good, but they are doing these tight jerky back and forth turns. You think they would throw a couple in the video.

Photo shoot was back in first week of Dec 2011, snow conditions were poor all over

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Float Throttle Avy Bag?

And note price on narrow front end kit - $429.95, guess Cat did give us a good deal on that.

Pages from 2013Accessories_US.jpg Pages from 2013Accessories_US-2.jpg

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I like how they are still pumping tight steering components and belt life. How can they make those specific points when the truth is the exact opposite.

HFH

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2009
Photo shoot was back in first week of Dec 2011, snow conditions were poor all over

I noticed some tall grass sticking out of the snow in some shots, some others looked better. There was one shot of the guy peeling off right, hanging off the right side on some thin or packed snow. He was balancing on one ski. It reminded me of the dukes of hazard when a car would get on two wheels and go between to cars or something!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Are both the white and black LEs powder coat? Remember reading a post saying snow seemed to stick to the white tunnels. Just curious if it's powder coat or something else.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Are both the white and black LEs powder coat? Remember reading a post saying snow seemed to stick to the white tunnels. Just curious if it's powder coat or something else.

My Black retro has been very durable

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I already bought a clutch for a new Polaris otherwise I'd probably be interested :face-icon-small-con

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
Changes

38" ski stance, 2.6 power claw, mesh on clutch vent, tighter turning, they are supposed to be two holes in the spindles for the tie rods. drilled brake rotor on hcr, maybe they will decide to put it on the snow pro's! steering seemed tighter? they look good, tomorrow we will find out if they lost any weight?

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The 2.6" power claw comes on all the Sno pro and ltd. M8 and 1100t. The spindles are different and have two positions to put the tie rods into. Changes the steering from a 60 degree sweep to 72 degrees. All m sleds get the narrow stance a-arms. All but the STD. 1100t and STD. M8 have the vert. Steering. You will have to wait for a lighter sled for another year.

I

Ihntdux

Nov 27, 2008
Bozeman
I'm not sold! Can't wait to snow check my new pro! You guys can talk **** but with the 7 guys I ride with, 4 new pros and three new cats, the only ones with problems are the POS cats, I wanna get back to riding and have fun, not worry and fix **** every week!

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I'm not sold! Can't wait to snow check my new pro! You guys can talk **** but with the 7 guys I ride with, 4 new pros and three new cats, the only ones with problems are the POS cats, I wanna get back to riding and have fun, not worry and fix **** every week!

You said it buddy. X2 for me.

Premium Features