• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product Release WRP Rev Seat

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
I like it. I was trying to build something like that for my wife's Rev including leaving the supports exposed to get the narrowest feel. Can you make it in an even lower profile? She is only 5' 3'' and was actually considering riding w/out a seat at all to make going from side to side easier.

M

Marc WRP

Apr 27, 2009
www.wr-products.com
I like the looks of the seat, but it looks unfinished around the pyramid supports.

We contemplated bringing the pan or cover down to cover the supports and the entire tank, but when we did that it seemed to look big and bulky like the stock seat did. It took weeks of prototyping to get this how we wanted it to give the Rev an upgraded look. We did anticipate comments about not covering the tank.

Thanks for the input it is appreciated.

Marc WRP

M

Marc WRP

Apr 27, 2009
www.wr-products.com
I like it. I was trying to build something like that for my wife's Rev including leaving the supports exposed to get the narrowest feel. Can you make it in an even lower profile? She is only 5' 3'' and was actually considering riding w/out a seat at all to make going from side to side easier.

We can hook you up with what you need. I will get with you after the first of the year, trying to get some riding in this week. kinda tough with no snow though.

Marc WRP

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Well I will get the first seat time on it this weekend! Just playing around the yard tomorrow, but planning to go for a good ride on Monday.

I will report back after some seat time.

Personally, I like the look of the exposed framing. Contemplating grinding off the mounting nuts and cleaning the supports up.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
We contemplated bringing the pan or cover down to cover the supports and the entire tank, but when we did that it seemed to look big and bulky like the stock seat did. It took weeks of prototyping to get this how we wanted it to give the Rev an upgraded look. We did anticipate comments about not covering the tank.

Thanks for the input it is appreciated.

Marc WRP

I don't know if the clear/yellow tanks will look that good with the exposed sides,,,IMO.

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
I personally like how the tank is exposed. I have a clear tank and it would make it real easy to see what i have for fuel. The seat itself looks real good however the storage pouch looks a little hackish. Get that storage pouch looking a little cleaner and I think that would be an awesome alternative to a boss.

M

Marc WRP

Apr 27, 2009
www.wr-products.com
I personally like how the tank is exposed. I have a clear tank and it would make it real easy to see what i have for fuel. The seat itself looks real good however the storage pouch looks a little hackish. Get that storage pouch looking a little cleaner and I think that would be an awesome alternative to a boss.

Yeh bag is getting tightened up a bit to fit better. i will offer it with or without the bag.

thanks for the input.

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Yeah I am still undecided on the bag. Marc I would like to see what a pan that wasn't trimmed that covered up to that edge of the tank where the bag did looks like.

The seat itself though was great. Felt good and height was good. Definite improvement.
ScreenShot2011-12-30at90321PM.png

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007

Fuel quality degrades quickly from UV light,Never allow periods of time to lapse or octane suffers badly.clear tanks and sunlight

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
How about a new seat design for the xp? The old one needs to be redesigned

M

mightymg

Dec 4, 2007
Mountain Green Ut
Just got my seat in the mail today.. Love the look... Very clean, the bag on the back isn't as bad as I thought from the original pictures.. Actually I'm kind of happy they incorporated one, now i don't have to find a way to stick some other big bag on my tunnel..

I'm not sure the argument about the UV rays and gas is that applicable. there is only about an extra 5" by 8 " area per side that is uncovered.. that's alot smaller mass than the factory front triangle that is alot bigger.. and if you leaving it out all summer uncovered in the sun with gas in it, then the UV rays effect on the gas will be the least of your worries. On a plus side its alot easier to see how much fuel is in there having a so called side window..
my .02

VERY HAPPY THANKS>>

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Octane in fuel deteriorates quicker than one might think.......I have not ridden in over a month and will dump the fuel and start fresh before next ride.....whenever that is :face-icon-small-dis

Also, thanks for your pics.....I wondered what the open sides looked like with a clear tank.

Premium Features