• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No B.S. weights,same scale

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
thats an heavy m1000 as well... an 08 or older standard non sno pro. :whistle:

BTW that setup with all the chains and straps seriously looks like a monkey tryin to f*** a football.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
No way to do this on the PC, so why even mention it. As for the dip stick method, you cant really do that accuately either because the fill neck doesnt go straight into the tank on the PC. Only way to guesstimate how much full you have in a PC clim is look at the electronic guage on the dash.

True. You are or work at a Cat dealer correct? If so do your new Arctic Cat's have ANY fuel in them when they are uncrated?

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
Madmax is the owner of the Edge Powersports in Draper Utah. I have worked at 3 different cat dealers over the last 8 years including the Edge. I have never seen a cat sled including the 2012 proclimb crated with any fuel. As Madmax said you cant see the bottom of the tank of the proclimb but THEY WILL NOT START IF YOU DO NOT PUT FUEL IN THEM. An M series sled is dry as the Sahara.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
True. You are or work at a Cat dealer correct? If so do your new Arctic Cat's have ANY fuel in them when they are uncrated?

I never stated the dipstick was accurate only that it was almost empty and had 1/2 inch wet on the end and nothing more than best guess.you need to read post again.perhaps they intend to suck out any fuel after the test run at factory, have no idea however it clearly was run and the clutch had belt marks.The video also shows the method which every sled is test run before shipping.

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
byeatts some pictures would add some credibility to your post,i am not saying you are wrong.

PM your e mail I will send you pics.But that means nothing since I can with a touch of a button make it read any weight I desire, That was the whole NO B.S. reason for this post . All owners were included in the weighing

Last edited:
R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Simmons skies are not stock gentlemen!

Like that makes a difference, this M1000 also has his ready to ride tools, and a fuel pressure regular in the sled.Maybe 2 extra lbs. Its all the pics I could find. Every year we have a weigh in. Can't weigh in unless it is full of fuel and oil and just like you are going for a ride. Yes there is the odd ski change or beer holder but the pics are true trail weights. The xp is an 08, stock with a can. This year we have a pro climb and and an e-tech to weigh. Trail weight only, nothing else matters.

Last edited:
R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Wow !! Really ? That light ? I wonder then, why do they handle like they weigh 700 lbs. ?? LOL !!

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

With my strength, I need that. Othertwise I would flip it on it's hood.LMAO

Seriously, I have an E=tech and a M800, and keep going back to that 08. It is more stable for me. I am 6'4",220 lbs, just feels better. Maybe the proclimb will be better?

C

churchie

Dec 13, 2008
Abbotsford
Who cares about more weight

I am riding 162 proclimb was out with 2012 rmk 163 pro today beat him to the top all day long about the same in most other types of riding.Rider ability about the same.

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
Like that makes a difference, this M1000 also has his ready to ride tools, and a fuel pressure regular in the sled.Maybe 2 extra lbs. Its all the pics I could find. Every year we have a weigh in. Can't weigh in unless it is full of fuel and oil and just like you are going for a ride. Yes there is the odd ski change or beer holder but the pics are true trail weights. The xp is an 08, stock with a can. This year we have a pro climb and and an e-tech to weigh. Trail weight only, nothing else matters.

UNDERSTANDABLE BUT FOR THE SKIDOOSH YOU LISTED CHANGED PARTS ETC.
THEN CLAIM THE FAT CAT IS STOCK JUST POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS!
IF UNSURE ABOUT CHANGES JUST STATE THAT AND THESE THINGS ARE OVERLOOKED!:face-icon-small-win

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
I have been to the factory. I have seen them run the sleds. I don't know exactly how they do it but I am telling you the sleds come out of the crate with fuel cells that have never had fuel in them. They are 100% clean and dry.

Im with u on that MBMS. I shipped a dirtbike and got told to emprty the fuel tank as it as a hazard and a liability issue. I cant see AC sending a unit with fuel in it that might have been in there a few mths either

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I am riding 162 proclimb was out with 2012 rmk 163 pro today beat him to the top all day long about the same in most other types of riding.Rider ability about the same.

Ummm, ok, I guess that would be considered a totally unbiased, honest report. I have a new Pro and would really like to try out a PC. Until then, I'll take posts like yours with a grain of salt. LMFAO !!!!

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Im with u on that MBMS. I shipped a dirtbike and got told to emprty the fuel tank as it as a hazard and a liability issue. I cant see AC sending a unit with fuel in it that might have been in there a few mths either

Originally Posted by MBMS
I have been to the factory. I have seen them run the sleds. I don't know exactly how they do it but I am telling you the sleds come out of the crate with fuel cells that have never had fuel in them. They are 100% clean..Quote............................................. Sounds to me the factory runs the motor off separate fuel cell and then installs tank,Makes sense, Both of these crated sleds came from the dealer in the northwest and shipped to Cali. they must have added a splash of fuel and tested them then re-installed the crate top and ship,They both came with aprox 1/2 inch of fuel. Bars were folded and skis not installed.The point of the original post was to observe the fluids and although there's no exact measurement there was a tad in the tank on both the Cat and Poo.As far as a credible post I reported what was observed by many There are no games here.no hidden agenda

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Sleds from the factory are NOT shipped with fuel in the fuel tanks! I have toured the factory many times and yes they run them for a brief few seconds but NOT off the sleds fuel tank. They use a factory fuel tank and exhaust tube in the crate up area. The fuel tank remains dry until the sled gets to the dealer for set-up. Its against shipping regulations to ship with any fuel on board.

Premium Features