• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Prepare to dominate

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
ok, so as someone who has been a bit frustrated with this sled, got a bit of more positive results.

Adjusted the skid a bit further this time, let off the limiter...

It was much better than last time. Still planted on the flats, but a manageable amount of lift, and much more enjoyable to ride. On the downhills, the front still feels heavy, an it wanted to dive under the crust more than the M did.

Much more happy with it now, not completely satisfied yet though.
Feels like the skid could use to be slightly higher in the front, like how we drill the upper hole in the tunnel for the front skid mount. I feel like this skid, when not under power just has the skis way too planted.

Kaleb,did you go from the mid(or 2nd) hole to the first hole on the limiters??

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
just got my first chance on these new proclimbs, i rode my buddys m8 sno pro and i can honestly say that anyone that chose the new M is in for a treat.

i wont get into detail right now all i will say is by the end of the day, everyone in the group was complimenting the M8 and saying its going to be the sled to beat. yes there was a polaris pro rmk in the group and as pro polaris as he was he did admit by the end of the day that "polaris just needs more motor and it would be closer"

i brought my 10 m8 cause my XF HC isn't in yet, and the new M8 153 out climbed me by 8-10 sled lengths on every hill we tackled. (he out climbed us all) and he is 60 more pounds then me. swapping sleds gave the same results and my e-tek and pro rmk buddies all agreed at the end of the day that new kitty means business.

i will most pictures tomorrow or sometime this weekend when i have time, im fixing my rear cooler line that broke a freaking clamp then getting ready to hit the mountain again tomorrow!!

fyi, no slipping belts or burnt belts in 50 miles on his.

I really cant wait for my sled now. lol my 10 M8 feels so bulky and nose heavy!!!

PEACE OUT!

Wow so you were pointing and shooting! Now that's some real riding, put that pig of a arctic cat in the trees, I guarantee that sled isn't gonna run with a pro rmk!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Kaleb,did you go from the mid(or 2nd) hole to the first hole on the limiters??

all the way out.

Btw, can't say I've ever heard of an M not following a Pro just fine... this will be no different. It's not perfect, but I feel very comfortable saying that chassis wise with some love it will be very close to the pro, and that motor wise.... well, we don't really need to start that comedy session by talking about the pro motor do we?:face-icon-small-win

The pro is still a better chassis... they just need a real motor.

S

Shortcut

Feb 27, 2010
Wow so you were pointing and shooting! Now that's some real riding, put that pig of a arctic cat in the trees, I guarantee that sled isn't gonna run with a pro rmk!
Lot's of guarantees being made about a sled a handful of people have ridden, mostly being made by people that haven't. Your keyboard isn't going to get you any higher on the hill. That's a guarantee! :blabla::blabla::blabla:

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Not dominating to well in Canada - the M8,s are quiting, scoring pistons in very low km. Snow and mud forum also has mention of few that blew up in Revy this weekend. I wish I was kidding, I'm getting a little worried about my M1100T I have coming.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Not dominating to well in Canada - the M8,s are quiting, scoring pistons in very low km. Snow and mud forum also has mention of few that blew up in Revy this weekend. I wish I was kidding, I'm getting a little worried about my M1100T I have coming.

I was reading that thread,four in one day alone.One with 8 Km. and one with 5 km. on the clock.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Well i don't think i'd push the panic button because of that yet. Might be some truth but most of those posts were from the Doo zealots and if a Cat had a burnt out tail light they'd be calling the local news. Hope its just minor crap.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
lol shake in your boots poo guys and guarantee a bunch of stuff you haven't seen.

fact is a good rider will do whatever he wants on both. and to claim one as king is stupid in my mind. but in the little tests we did that one day in the powder conditions and unfairness of the other sleds being modded ect the M8 shined! thats all im saying. and the in the trees bs i been hearing about lately is a damn joke, take your pro and go hide in the trees.

Question??

if a pro RMK 800 blows up in the trees, does it make a sound?

as far as Suzuki motors, thats the LAST of my worries, unless japan just lost super quality control all a sudden. there was a installer putting in the wrong fastening method on the intakes for a while causing metal tails to go in the intake.

-Aksnopro

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
For down hills put on a wider set of skis for front end lift. In Canada is the fuel the same or getting more like E-85? Mike

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
lol shake in your boots poo guys and guarantee a bunch of stuff you haven't seen.

fact is a good rider will do whatever he wants on both. and to claim one as king is stupid in my mind. but in the little tests we did that one day in the powder conditions and unfairness of the other sleds being modded ect the M8 shined! thats all im saying. and the in the trees bs i been hearing about lately is a damn joke, take your pro and go hide in the trees.

Question??

if a pro RMK 800 blows up in the trees, does it make a sound?

as far as Suzuki motors, thats the LAST of my worries, unless japan just lost super quality control all a sudden. there was a installer putting in the wrong fastening method on the intakes for a while causing metal tails to go in the intake.

-Aksnopro

Aksnopro how do you know about the installer putting in the wrong fastening method?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
we new it would work over the underpower poo, but what about the doo, how does it compare to the etec, since they worked the poo over last year

good to hear the belts are holding up, whats up with the motors this year...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
we new it would work over the underpower poo, but what about the doo, how does it compare to the etec, since they worked the poo over last year

good to hear the belts are holding up, whats up with the motors this year...
only in your fantasy world fred...

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
compaired to what doo? they are due for a chassis and motor. well talk about them next year (if they pull something out of there ***) but honestly there a great trail stable sled with a 16 wide footprint that will climb....

and the rivits thing was a post on here about a month ago someone found them in there intake then it was established in the thread that there was an installer installing the wrong fasteners. like several other things i learned so far, i read it online its gotta be true!!!!

thats it.

-Aksnopro

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
I just love how people creep other brands threads. I'm a cat guy, and always have been. It doesn't mean I go to a Polaris discussion, and start talking s about something I have no experience with, or a doo or yammy post for that matter. It doesn't matter to me. You Polaris guys aren't gonna convince me to buy a pro, and you shouldn't care. It's my OPINION, and that's what matters to me. All this crap talk reminds me of elementary school, my dad can beat up your dad... Get over it, there will always be someone bigger, or better or whatever. Especially if you run a stock sled, or nearly stock. If you have to be the best, go buy your (insert preferred brand here) sled, put on a race gas turbo, all the lightweight suspension, seat, hood, tunnel, clutching, track, and shut up! Go try and hang on, and not s yourself when you go 80 up over the top of some unclimable hill. I'm gonna buy a new cat, and I'm gonna love the hell out of it because its what I want. I'm not worried about the 10 or 15 lbs, or whatever it is. Or the difference in power.

I'm gonna bury that sled, and people will outclimb me, or do better in the trees. I'm ok with that. I'm not a perfect rider, and I won't have a perfect sled. So what? Just go and have fun. That's what its about.

Sorry about the rant, but crap man, get over it.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
1. BC, I would drop the front skid bolt (might need an anti stab) just drill a hole and drop, worth a try IMO. Wonder if Ice age rails with a smoother arc might help put a little track down a little sooner and lift the nose.

2. The kmod will help just like it did on the M8, the rear suspension is pretty much the same. But if you make hard landings you def want the better shocks.

3. I bet the 4 that went down came from the same dealer, ???

4. fredw-- last year blowest said the xp was the best, this year they say the pro is the best, wft, maybe someone should tell them they didn't really change. Its just an opinion except the part about cat having the best motor, thats just the truth and we know it hurts sometimes.

I don't mind the chit talk, when they want to come over and prove something I am all for it, looking forward to getting my demo ride so I can buy something.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
1. BC, I would drop the front skid bolt (might need an anti stab) just drill a hole and drop, worth a try IMO. Wonder if Ice age rails with a smoother arc might help put a little track down a little sooner and lift the nose.

Hadn't noticed that this was still an option, I'll have to check that out. I feel that's pretty much EXACTLY the answer for what this thing needs. Between that & 38's... huge difference.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
You don't need the option, you make the option. On my m1000 those option wholes/ brakets you could drill out. One of mine was vertically mounted and the other was mount horizontal, wtf. Just measure the option on the 11 and do the same on the 12, if it works then reinforce it.

Premium Features