• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has a testride on a ProClimb??

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
is he the GOD of all riders???... Ya Right..... he gets paid like everyone else.. Let an unbaised rider take the plunge..,. Hey Brad Story ya listining?

Joe. Why all the hate latly looks like you have already made up your mind so go get a Pro, they are all good sleds anymore, I could ride any of them and have fun and that's why we ride right
If things work out I may be able to offer a ride review soon

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Have a buddy that rides a 2011m8 and he is on a dealer ride with rasmussen on Tog today. Dealer said that he probably wont have any 2012 sleds? Hope thats wrong and he has atleast one for people to ride.

just drove over Tog pass an hour ago, nobody, I mean no body up there riding, lots are all empty, few vehicles at Tog lodge and Lava mountain but not much, dealer rides are in West or Island park from what I hear

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
This proved my point even further....Ambers husband Budd USED to work for Timbersled and now works for KMod...not saying that Allen and Budd had a falling out maybe they did maybe they didnt, but once again its a free product that she received "or earner" either way you look at it, it would be ridiculous to think she would say something bad as the original post was her giving her input that turned into a sales opportunity for the product...

Let me set a few facts straight for you guys. When Amber switched from a Mountain Tamer to a KMOD I was still working for Timbersled and I continued to work for Timbersled for 3 more months after that. Amber was out of control with the Mountain Tamer on her TM1000 and it was a big concern for both of us, the KMOD took care of the problems she was having so she went with it. Amber calls it like she sees it, she always has and she always will and I back her choices 100%. This did not set well with Timbersled and she new it would not make my job any easier but she did it any way based on facts and principle. I left Timbersled in July and took a full time CDL position with Pacific Steel and Recycling in Idaho Falls, ID. Its a secure place to be in these economic times. I help Kevin out at KMOD on a part time basis and based on what I know about after market mountain sled suspensions I personally feel that KMOD is the best all around. People asked for ride feed back on the new cats and Amber shared her opinion. Thanks, Budd

I agree 100% with you Budd and my post wasnt to be dramatic to what ever your reasons or Ambers reasons were for what has happened. But i dont see anything that needed set straight in my post. This Snowest article was written specifically about you joining forces with them...

Budd Holt Joins KMOD
http://www.snowest.com/snowmobile-news/display.cfm?ID=2612

My point was that I personally do not believe that you can rely on a source giving a report about something that is the means of putting food on the table. I hav met Amber several times and she has always been truly sincere to me, but i just no matter how you spin it, have NEVER EVER heard someone says something that would affect the sales or outlook on a sponsor in a negative way.....until someone else picked them up for a different sponsorship. i feel fairly certain that Amber would have never said anything negative or made a post on Snowest explaining her frustration with the Timbersled suspension if she had not already seen a new direction for her to be going...

Also, maybe you can shed light on this for all of us as amber has ridden these, are the sleds that she and other people are riding the final prototype yet?? Cuz if they are not whats the point in an assessment and public opinion on something that the public wont ride?? Just curious, like i said didnt mean to start anything. Thanks.

Boostfreak

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2002
Lander, Wyoming
Dam Dave, I think they were supposed to be up there today unless something changed. I will find out tonight and he will probably post about the ride. As far as not seeing any trucks, they do have a couple parking lots that are off the road and you would have to turn off the highway and drive through to see if there were any trucks.

Last edited:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Dam Dave, I know they were supposed to be up there today unless something changed. I will find out tonight and he will probably post about the ride. As far as not seeing any trucks, they do have a couple parking lots that are off the road and you would have to turn off the highway and drive through to see if there were any trucks.

yes maybe, but Brets truck is hard to miss:face-icon-small-win

snowing hard up there:face-icon-small-coo

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Why would someone with a "Currently" line saying.."Wondering what the next Jab at the Pro-ride Chassis will be by the Kitty Keyboard Jockeys"....care about this section?

We do NOT live in a one size fits all world. Be happy that we ALL have choices! :)

:focus:

Boostfreak

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2002
Lander, Wyoming
Dave your right about them not being up there today. Just got ahold of my friend and I was off by a day. Guess its tomorrow that they will be up there. So hopefully he will have some info tomorrow night:face-icon-small-coo

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
Yes the snow had some to do with it but even with the snow like it was it's not as nimble . Two things on the suspension first is the shocks are foxfloat2's so they require more air pressure they had 90psi in them. They told me you could re-valve them two make them feel like the old M. Or you could put the sring type on it. Second is the angle the front shock are mounted makes it feel different. The upright steering is a must! So if you are getting one spend the extra for the steering alone. On the T1100 sounds like they will have a kit for upright steering like I said a MUST for it.

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
Why would someone with a "Currently" line saying.."Wondering what the next Jab at the Pro-ride Chassis will be by the Kitty Keyboard Jockeys"....care about this section?

We do NOT live in a one size fits all world. Be happy that we ALL have choices! :)

:focus:

A. Because i find it hilarious that if you read through all the posts on the "ProClimb" side of things you always get the constant comparison the the "Pro Ride" chassis....so obviously the cat loyals have been hearing about the pro this year....otherwise they would be comparing it to the other "top" sled...just think its hilarious when knowbody even has a remote clue what the comparison will be its all just typing from cat loyals...nothing wrong with it, just humorous

and B. Because i too will be buying a new sled, and since your so perceptive, you probably noticed that i dont own a Pro yet, and im obviously not brand loyal as I own a yami too...so it seems like that is the whole point to this thread as the initial title was "who has a testride on a Proclimb" was to find out what people thought...

Kind of a funny post from somebody who is supposed to be administration to the site I paid to use. And I dont think you can read anything that I have written yet on this page that isn't among/about the topic...

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I am a person, and a consumer, like anyone else. Am I in the market for a new sled...yes, one is in my future. Do I have seat time on any of the new sleds by any of the manufacturers this year, no. I certainly don't have to put down those that do put up their review. Calling out Amber or Budd doesn't have a place here. Do you know what brand of sled Amber started out on? She's NEVER been anything but 100% upfront and honest on things, and MOST of us are thankful for her feedback.

People ask for input, and get it...but then it's not good enough for whatever reason. :face-icon-small-con

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
I am a person, and a consumer, like anyone else. Am I in the market for a new sled...yes, one is in my future. Do I have seat time on any of the new sleds by any of the manufacturers this year, no. I certainly don't have to put down those that do put up their review. Calling out Amber or Budd doesn't have a place here. Do you know what brand of sled Amber started out on? She's NEVER been anything but 100% upfront and honest on things, and MOST of us are thankful for her feedback.

People ask for input, and get it...but then it's not good enough for whatever reason. :face-icon-small-con

....still waiting to see where i called anyone out or made a comment that didnt refer to the topic at hand...i made sure to write my opinions stating "maybe they happened and maybe they didnt" because i dont know for sure either way....the point still stands that i dont believe anyone representing, being paid, or in the lime light of a company will bite the hand that feeds them and say something negative...i like the posts about the every day joes like you and i that have rode them, not that its not good enough just from others just would rather hear it from a person with no possible other influence, and once again stating, this isnt saying amber is lying or msleading....

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Jdog

--Your right, the vertical steering appparently handles better than the horizontal steering. Get the vertical steering.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
we ask for reviews...get them and then whine "no not you! I want a review from someone else!"

amber has had, apparently the very rare, chance to ride these sleds, at least some version of these sleds. She gave us her honest opinion, and we can't ask for more than that. if she didn't do what she did for a living, she wouldn't have an opinion to give.

ridnhigh, u might not mean to rip on or call people out...but that is definitely how it comes across. you are skeptical and rightly so. you ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE! we are all pissed these things don't weigh 425lbs and 500lbs and there are no test rides.

But, personally I say we take her opinion(with a grain of salt), and thank her for her time. none of us would tell her, if we were standing next to her, we think she is biased and can't trust her opinion. those would be inside words b/c it would be disrespectful. And I am sure she reads this and thinks, geez next time I will just stay quiet.....DON'T DO IT AMBER!

Amber, Thank you for your opinion and please take the time to share it with us in the future.

Just my. 02 and maybe I don't know anything...I am a flatland poser retard.

and on one final note...

BOOM!

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
This just isn't true. All the dealers in the circle of excellence are invited and that is quite a few. My dealer invited me to head down for the test rides (and Im just part of the general public) but I simple don't have the time (12 hr drive one way). Heck, all 3 dealers within 70 miles of where I live are in the circle of excellence, i don't think it takes too much.

Sorry but it is TRUE:brokenheart: and if you drove 12 hours you would end up just sitting in your truck.. If you have 3 dealers within 70 miles of you are in the top 6 well that's great... the point is NOT every dealer is anointed with the grace to ride the " Secret Cat" that they don't have enough parts to fix incase the general public beats the snot out of them.

What you think we just sit here make up these things??:face-icon-small-dis

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Now you have crossed the line

Joe. Why all the hate latly looks like you have already made up your mind so go get a Pro, they are all good sleds anymore, I could ride any of them and have fun and that's why we ride right
If things work out I may be able to offer a ride review soon

YOU HAVE A NEW P/M

Last edited:

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Team Green update

Thought I would share this. This is some press release. I know this does not help me buy. I will get you a report as soon as I can get some seat time.

Attachments

• Team Green 3-16-11 Press.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 710
M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Thought I would share this. This is some press release. I know this does not help me buy. I will get you a report as soon as I can get some seat time.

Thanks for posting, but you posted it with green logos, that means it is not trustworthy, and unless Yamaha, Polaris, Honda, Chevy, Ford, Yugo, etc. release a similar sheet accepting that all of their brands are now obsolete in comparison, you are just another corporate shill promoting green, and as such are untrustworthy in all areas including whether it is tastes great/less filling....

:)

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
One of those statements was made from a friend of mine, Stephan Clark.
I happen to race motorcycles in the summer with him and from talking to him i can say that he truly is unbiased cause he rides everything, been riding a Pro most this year!

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington

Can you answer the question that was posted earlier as to if these sleds are actually the final prototype yet or if they are still working/changing/tinkering things?? Also, thanks for posting that info, i could care less if cat endorsed it, it is a sales pitch from them and a good one at that. All companies do that sort of thing, just look at the videos from hoff, KJ, and the freeride team or burandt, adams, skinner, moreshead, etc...its just marketing. But the thing i do like is that there are more reviews on that page that are from unbiased people just doing there job, (American Snowmobiler Analysts) such as stephen clark and others giving there opinions, that is what this thread started out to be, honest opinions from people who have rode them. But if its still a pre production model than the reviews dont have much value until the final production models come out...

Thanks for posting, but you posted it with green logos, that means it is not trustworthy, and unless Yamaha, Polaris, Honda, Chevy, Ford, Yugo, etc. release a similar sheet accepting that all of their brands are now obsolete in comparison, you are just another corporate shill promoting green, and as such are untrustworthy in all areas including whether it is tastes great/less filling....

:)

Are you trying to say that Yugo is making a comeback cuz if so sign me up :face-icon-small-win

One of those statements was made from a friend of mine, Stephan Clark.
I happen to race motorcycles in the summer with him and from talking to him i can say that he truly is unbiased cause he rides everything, been riding a Pro most this year!

Hooch i agree with you I too know Stephen and I agree he is probably unbiased, but correct me if I am wrong, isnt he riding the pro that american snowmobiler gave/has for him to do the long term test on, not because he bought it himself to ride it this year?

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
All new sled and no demo rides, hmmmm you would think if they really had something and new it there would be demo rides going on all over. Saw a semi load of RMKs at West Yellowstone to demo and I thought, Polaris is obviously pretty confident. ??

Premium Features