• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 700 mxz

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
What is it idling at? More than likley the belt deflection is to tight.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
The secondary can be adjusted easily for belt deflection. Take a 10 mm socket, there is 3 nuts on the outside of the secondary. Losen All 3 one complete turn, Find a small allen wrench that fits the 3 screws that run through the nuts, Turn each allen screw the same amount and then tighten the nuts when your done. Set the belt so it is flush with the top of the secondary. Also make shure there is a little bit of clearance in primary between the primary sheaves and belt, I have seen a bushing wear out in the primary and cause the two clutch sheaves to grab the belt at all times. Also your clutches should be aligned also.

Last edited:
S
Mar 23, 2008
the cords of the belt should be flush with the outter edge of the clutch. or the bottom of the dimmples should be flush with the outter edge.

S
Nov 27, 2008
Thanks for the help I will check that. I had everything checked last year at the dealer and only put 50 miles on the sled, it is my wifes. It wasnt doing it last year.

Premium Features