• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

surely someones weighed the Sno Pro

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Short List

Yeah, spring orders will be on the short list too. The real reason for one chassis is DOLLARS. Different chassis would require different tooling and changing tooling on the assembly line, expensive. Shareholders have something to say to corporate about profits!!! Wyo is correct though, should have had a different fuel tank at least. Small items would have been doable.

Polaris did have a four stroke chassis, the IQ. 750 turbo motor, guess what?, it was and still is heavy! :face-icon-small-sho

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
the decision to have the same chassis for the two and four stroke is like having your momma and wife all wrapped into one...its stupid and incest..cant Cat have an imagination enough to do two things at once...they can;t chew bubble gum and walk at the same time..

Yea well the economics of offering two different chassis configurations makes no sense from a ROI standpoint. The needs of each engine type are quite close. The torque from the 4/s is where the beefing up happens on the chassis, thus the weight for both...........

Listen, you guys can whine post after post about the weight, but that is not going to change anything for this year. If you are that concerned about the weight, there are plenty of other choices out there. go vote with your pocketbook and buy something else.....

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Personally I like the fact of having a chassis that will handle the punch of a 4/s so when I boost my 2 stroke to equivalent power it will hold up, wait 4 yrs from now and the 2/s boosted sleds are still running with little maintenance and a good resale value. Just build the rest of the stuff for a 2/s

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
hmmm...does that help now...i mean ...if im at a public toilet doing number two...and there is no wipe...does the fact that someone will toss me some over the door in the next 3 or 4 years offer any comfort..lol..???

Who keeps there sled stock!!! im serious though you guys talk like its yamiheavy 40 pounds should come off cheap. And its right there with the bro but stout as hell..

Wam bam, i have never had a sled that i kept the stock can, and didnt do a few cheap lightweight mods.

-Aksnopro

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
5 pages so far, how long do you think we can keep going,

I bet by the end of next year the value of the pro is going to drop like a sack of

One more post to keep it going! Besides, they had flurries in the forecast and they just took that away.

To summarize this thread so far - Poo's won't last more than one season (the chassis that is, the motors won't make it for the first ride), our Cat's are going to be lumber carts, if we put helium in our oil tanks we'd all notice the massive weight savings, and Cat engineers don't know squat.

Oh, and we're all bored. That about sum it up?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Got 2-4" of snow on the snotel's around the area, forcast for a chance of more this weekend and everything above 7000ft is white. big horns are reading at 13" after dropping from 16" to 9", if it keeps up we are going to have a base soon.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Disappointed with the new Pro Climb.........dont buy one then, and oh by the way stop in the Polaris section and read about all the things you have to add to the Pro to make it last, and read about all the broken motor mounts and the dreaded bog, dont forget about the 145 HP motor, wow that gets me excited :doh:

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
i gave my son a ZR 120 yesterday for his 3 year old bday, i woke up this morning to my boy going "daaady daadddy it snowed it snowed" he had his winter boots on the wrong feet his coat on and was ready to rip... lol we got 2 inches, mostly melted away now.

-Aksnopro

chasezr.jpg Chase Thomas .jpg

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Disappointed with the new Pro Climb.........dont buy one then, and oh by the way stop in the Polaris section and read about all the things you have to add to the Pro to make it last, and read about all the broken motor mounts and the dreaded bog, dont forget about the 145 HP motor, wow that gets me excited :doh:

You people sure take the fun out of a bad decision.

Btw, buying a cat. We'll make it work, easier than dealing with poo issues.

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
Sled Weights

Bob when you post your weight results PLEASE start a fresh thread so I don't have to scroll though who knows how many pages to find them. All good arguments but all I want is real comparable wet weights. Thankyou:faint:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i gave my son a ZR 120 yesterday for his 3 year old bday, i woke up this morning to my boy going "daaady daadddy it snowed it snowed" he had his winter boots on the wrong feet his coat on and was ready to rip... lol we got 2 inches, mostly melted away now.

-Aksnopro

what...!!!...he didn;t say it was a heavy poorly thought out pig...!!...you mean he was just going to ride it and enjoy it....hmmmm...what an interesting concept...

Premium Features