• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has a testride on a ProClimb??

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
After ridding my M1000 yesterday I thought about what I didn't like about the pro climb. First you stand straight up and down on the M and you are hunched over on the pro climb. Because where you have to stand on it for the balance points. Second it is like ridding a horse as wide as the gas tanks is. Which makes it harder to side hill. Imagine being hunched over with your legs spreed wide and trying to pull a sled over and side hilling with it. I keep making excuses to myself trying to convince myself that I like it better but the truth is I don't. I think Cat went backwards.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
After ridding my M1000 yesterday I thought about what I didn't like about the pro climb. First you stand straight up and down on the M and you are hunched over on the pro climb. Because where you have to stand on it for the balance points. Second it is like ridding a horse as wide as the gas tanks is. Which makes it harder to side hill. Imagine being hunched over with your legs spreed wide and trying to pull a sled over and side hilling with it. I keep making excuses to myself trying to convince myself that I like it better but the truth is I don't. I think Cat went backwards.

You must be comparing the m to the proclimb with conventional steering, when you get a chance to ride one with vertical steering you will love the new chassis

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Thats odd, I have my bars about 4-6" farther forward than normal on my 09 m1000 and still find myself up against them or sometimes in front of them to the side, the more I ride the farther up I want it. (I hate xp's) It would be nice to be able to adjust it back and forth for different terrain, along with up and down. I guess this is going to become a rider style issue. I also wondered about the running boards having an angle, I spend more time on one side of the sled then anything and don't think the angle will be a good thing.???

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
Dave I think I rode the same ones you did they where black the T1100 had prototype vertical steering set-up on it with a 38" ski stance. The 800 was black with vertical steering and a 40" ski stance.

I am not a dealer and I am not brand loyal I have had 4 cats now and I love them but I have to give the Pro climb a thumbs-down. Right now I think I will keep my 09 M1000 until something better comes along. This is just what I think I love to boondock and hillclimb.

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
Thats odd, I have my bars about 4-6" farther forward than normal on my 09 m1000 and still find myself up against them or sometimes in front of them to the side, the more I ride the farther up I want it. (I hate xp's) It would be nice to be able to adjust it back and forth for different terrain, along with up and down. I guess this is going to become a rider style issue. I also wondered about the running boards having an angle, I spend more time on one side of the sled then anything and don't think the angle will be a good thing.???

Yep, first thing I noticed with the vertical pole....waaaay too far back, IMO...with no option to move it. Not ideal in certain conditions but I never rode one so who knows....

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I don't get what you're saying, my ride......

on the 1,100 T I had to stand back from the bars. I'm 6'1'' and have long arms and not so long legs. When my legs where straight my elbows were bent. I'm sure for the same balance on the fourstroke you will stand a bit farther back than on the twostroke, since it is heavier in the front. Thus the virt steering is not as necessary. Certainly better when sitting, because of the arc swinging with the same travel as your elbows. I do think I'd like the virt steering, I'm just pointing out that it's not as needed on a sled that has a little more weight foreward. I have rode my King Cat with the stupid bars against my thighs when I stood straight up. I of course couldn't ride like that so I bent over. On the Pro-climb I could stand straight and the bars where several inches ahead. If I bent my knees and my arms as I rode, I stood on the boards back about a foot and the sled had perfect balance. I could ride like that all day. At least I'm happy.

There's a big doubt in my mind that on the 800 You'll want ot get farther foreward. How could you know that 'til you ride in carvable snow? Yes, in the past we needed to get up on the sled, but the new one gives you more knee room and steering over the motor. Your balance might just be back a bit.

Owen

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The heavier the sled the more likely you will be moving around more, I am refering to the times when a sidehill means your ski is 5-7ft higher up the hill than the track, to keep it from washing out or recovering from such you have to be able to lay the sled at a different angle and get on top of the bars. which depends on snow conditions thus I would like to be able to move it all over but would move forward first. My opinion on what we have now, I don't know on the PRO-C. the first thing I said to a friend after riding his PRO is you need to at least stand the bars up straight, that sled requires a lot of counter steering and you need to be able to get your arms being it instead of twisting from the shoulders. From the few vids I have seen the pro-c also uses lots of counter steering but I will just have to wait until next year to find out for sure I guess.

There is a way to move them forward more, take it out cut it and reweld. Its an easy enough thing to correct for my style so I'm not going to make any decisions on what the bars do.

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane

If you are standing straight up on your machine your bar riser is too tall. Prepare yourself for some knee injuries.

Knees and elbows bent, attack position.

Premium Features