• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo day

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
left the new sleds at home today and the 3 of us took our old turbo 1000 s, not as easy to ride but what a kick in the a$$ when you pull up to a steep hill or chute and turn on the big power, what a blast !!! mine has sat all summer until last night and about 10 pulls and it ran like a top all day. Cant wait until the next turbo day

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
lots of fun kida miss mine but at the end of the day love the pc8 still have a M1k in the shop NA just cant bring myslef to part it.

Nothing compares to the tm1 IMO just never had the ball to run mine over 10.5psi

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
lots of fun kida miss mine but at the end of the day love the pc8 still have a M1k in the shop NA just cant bring myslef to part it.

Nothing compares to the tm1 IMO just never had the ball to run mine over 10.5psi

I couldn't believe you pulled your turbo off would have been fun to have rode togather since our turbo sleds were so much alike, and ya the 800 at 12-14 isn't even close to the 1000 at 10 lbs on straight av

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I am shocked how many guys are moving on from the boosted era. I finally got mine ripping and boy is it fun at 11-12 lbs. I cant believe how much stronger the top end is with a 3076 hta... Violent is what comes to mind..

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
I am shocked how many guys are moving on from the boosted era. I finally got mine ripping and boy is it fun at 11-12 lbs. I cant believe how much stronger the top end is with a 3076 hta... Violent is what comes to mind..

it does seem like that's the trend and I enjoy my 13 proclimb but, theres nothing compared to the turbo, you must live around Spokane ?? you ever want to ride with some other turbo 1000,s holler

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
Ill be in mccall feb 12-16 hopeing for snow.

McCall got 15 inches new so far this week and around that much more in the forcast, I check brundage mountain ski resort for the weather, I ride just north of that, I couldn't ride all those days but could meet you on the weekend, could show you the good ridding area if your not familiar there, what sled you taking ??

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
i have a turbo m8 which is probably what ill bring but i may hace 2 sled with me the other is a non turbo m1000 thats ported and what not well see.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
keep me in the loop no boost but would love to ride with your guys....if you think i can keep up:face-icon-small-blu

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
keep me in the loop no boost but would love to ride with your guys....if you think i can keep up:face-icon-small-blu

I unload at the parking lot just north east of new meadows that is closest to you, I ride there almost every weekend if we met there I could take the 13 stocker because if I took the 09 1000 turbo you would wish you still had yours :)::)

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Who's airbox and charge tube are you TM1000 owners using? Thinking of ditching my Push setup with the charge tube injectors.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Not syre who your asking But polarisrocks and myself made our own charge tubes mine is 3 inch super simple to do. And im using a ovs airbox with two injectors in it its a great set up you can see i modded the push exhaust to make a tunnel dump. my set up is a bunch of different parts put together but its a great set up.ill let jim talk about his 1000 set but that thing ripps. as well.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I run the ovs air box and have cutler big bore dual injector throttle bodies. I run 1 set of m1000 injectors and another set for the secondarys. We run the boost-it box and it works great.. If I were to do it again I think the ovs needs a bigger bov at 12-16 lbs on a 1000 with a 76 turbo. I still have a .82 tial on there and it is pretty unbelievable how strong it is. I have a huge box of charge tube 2 1/2" and 3" tubes, sweaps, 135's, fittings and couplers and clamps. So if you need a part see if I got, cheap... twisted has a good airbox, but the 50 mm bov is in the charge tube. I like my ovs as it has a mount that keeps the throttle bodies held to the block and helps keep from tearing boots.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I was thinking OVS air box and either Cutler dual injector throttle bodies or trying to track down some of the Twisted reed boots with injector mounts. I don't know if Shain still sells them or not. Where does OVS mount there secondary injectors normally...in the air box? Is there any advantage to the Twisted air box? I have deleted my oil injection, so I could use it. I like to run 5-10 lbs, so I assume my Turbosmart BOV is big enough?

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana

I love my turbo, I am too kind of shocked how many people seem to be giving up on them.

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
I love my turbo, I am too kind of shocked how many people seem to be giving up on them.

Must be a trend ?? sure I enjoy my lite little 13 stocker 162 with a can but my turbo 1000 162 k-mod is the sled I always was striving for. For the last 20 years I would add a bigger track or twin pipes or big bore or something to get more out of a sled and it was never enough, Its a blast to ride and sure is fun to pull something then come down and have everyone waching think man that sled is cool :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features