• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bd turbo problems

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Weekend ride, bd turbo on my cat. Sled starts but barely idles. Try to pick up throttle and dies. Started doing it when it was hot but now does it all the time. Tired of it. Suggestion ?

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
sounds like reeds.

do you have an AFR? If so what numbers are you seeing before it dies?

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Im not sure on #, but yes AFR...Hadn't changed any numbers on my box in a while and ran fine. typical numbers so far through throttle position but didn't check when it started having problems. Sometimes, it idels low enough, that doesn't even produce enough voltage to light up afr/gauges at the 850 rmp level, then bounces to normal at 1250 or so and gauges start working, but as soon as pick up throttle it dies. I did get it to start a couple times and blimped throttle past idle right on start up and got it to rev similiar to normal. i need to check fuel pressure, but sure could be fuel pump, reeds, ???

K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
unplug bd box and hook up 9 volt batt and try again ,codes sometimes wont so up when bd box is hooked up .worth a try

J
Nov 26, 2007
Cache Valley, Utah
My sled is doing the same thing and I found it was because I have a weak stator not producing enough power at idle to get the fuel pressure up. My voltate is showing 7-8 volts at idle. I put a small temporary 12V battery on it from radio shack to give it the juice it needs on start ups. Once it starts and my rpm's go up my volatage goes to 12+ charging the battery. Its a temporary fix until I can get a new stator. Its worth a try on yours to rule that out. Watch your fuel pressure when it does it. My sled runs 43 lbs fuel pressure... good luck.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
yeah, that would make sense, Ironically, they replaced stator last year when it just flat wouldn't run, said it was a factory stator, so it was replaced. checked fuel pressure and its 43 as well. doesn't fluctute or bleed down after you shut it off, so sure seems like spark to me.

Curious as to what this battery is you say, msg me or send me specific of what it is please......how and where are you hooking this up??

Premium Features