• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vipec ECU

V

vigorcs90

Dec 2, 2007
Do the have the programming available for closed loop on the O2 and the knock sensor?

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Do the have the programming available for closed loop on the O2 and the knock sensor?

The knock sensor works 100% and we have it working with bigbore and turbo application as well. As for the O2, yes you can close loop it but you NEVER base your tuning on a sensor (close loop ) that can fail....o2 usefull for tuning and critical in the datalogger while tuning but that's it.

vi-pec powersports

V

vigorcs90

Dec 2, 2007
It was my thought to allow the O2 to make changes +/- a few % from the baseline program. Not so?

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
It was my thought to allow the O2 to make changes +/- a few % from the baseline program. Not so?

Close loop are majorly for fuel economy and EPA....wich a sled doesn't qualify for :) . I wouldn't suggest to use this strategy, make sure to meet in every fuel cell in the fuel table your air/fuel target(so easy with the mixture map) and leave it alone once spot on.

vi-pec powersports

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
The knock sensor works 100% and we have it working with bigbore and turbo application as well. As for the O2, yes you can close loop it but you NEVER base your tuning on a sensor (close loop ) that can fail....o2 usefull for tuning and critical in the datalogger while tuning but that's it.

vi-pec powersports

Is there a way to integrate the knock sensor configuration into an existing map that doesn't have it setup yet?

V

vigorcs90

Dec 2, 2007
Is there an advantage to an EBC that is controlled by the TPS? Like the boondocker unit? Boost is linear with the throttle 1 to 1. Would it make it simpler to tune? Build less heat in the midrange? If so, can Vipec control a EBC in this manner? Which one would be better?

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Is there an advantage to an EBC that is controlled by the TPS? Like the boondocker unit? Boost is linear with the throttle 1 to 1. Would it make it simpler to tune? Build less heat in the midrange? If so, can Vipec control a EBC in this manner? Which one would be better?

Lets not hijack this thread, Pm us please.
Thanks.

vi-pec powersports

Z
Nov 9, 2013
What a cop out! Who would want their product to be mis represented by a not so good company who had a not so good turbo design and the Vipec just uncovered all the design flaws......I'm sure glad I just stick with the kits that are proven and not the ones that try and reinvent the wheel.
You just hit the nail on the head.Vi-pec powersport were stuck with trying to make the push turbo kit (many issues) work with their Vi-pec standalone.Unfortunately,even the best tuner out there cant do miracles with a turbo kit that doesn,t perform like they were told.

Last edited:
B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
You just hit the nail on the head.Vi-pec powersport were stuck with trying to make the push turbo kit (many issues) work with their Vi-pec standalone.Unfortunately,even the best tuner out there cant do miracles with a turbo kit that doesn,t perform like they were told.

Huh, mine seems to work fine. Took 3 trips with it last year. Buy it from a dealer/tuner that knows what's going on and you'll be fine.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I have 500 miles now on vipec cat and so far very impressed. Sled ran OK first day out got a few tweaks to the map now been running great for 400 miles. I do hope to get det sensor and ebc working soon.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
I have 500 miles now on vipec cat and so far very impressed. Sled ran OK first day out got a few tweaks to the map now been running great for 400 miles. I do hope to get det sensor and ebc working soon.

Both EBC and DET have been programmed....just depend on who's kit you are running. It is the kit builder task to program those options but the knock sensor fonction we have done it for all of them(dealers).

Vi-pec Powersports

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
tuning a cutler 950 turbo with vipec now. super sweet set up!

Started the map from a na base map and got her way close in about 1.5 hr. just had a sensor fail :rant: or i could of got her done. Be back on hill tommorow.

Stop setting on the fence guys these things are awesome.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
We had the det sensor working but its too sensitive.

Both EBC and DET have been programmed....just depend on who's kit you are running. It is the kit builder task to program those options but the knock sensor fonction we have done it for all of them(dealers).

Vi-pec Powersports

Premium Features