• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Swaping Fuel Pressure Regulator - Help!

S
Jan 22, 2008
Southern, MN
I hope someone can help me with this question. I have a a 2010 M8 with a push Tial set up. The sled has a BDX 1:1 FPR in the tank that is bad. I am switching to a bosch that is not located in the tank - no more wet hand...

Anyhow, first time with this area of the sled - As I understand the process, when the BDX was installed the stock fuel pressure regulator was removed by drilling rivits and reriviting BDX in its place. So what do I do now that I want to junk it..???

Does a guy leave the bdx on and just open her up so that it's letting max fuel pressure out - - unhooking the boost line - - - or does a guy remove it, and if so, then what (do I need to get a stock fuel pressure regulator which I cant seem to find that part by itself?

Any help would be appreciated - I'm sort of at a loss here and would like some direction before I go further...

Thanks

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
How did you end up doing it? Thinking about swapping my BDX for an external.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I have the same sled and kit with the same bdx reg. My fuel pressure is starting to drop quickly after shutting off is that a sign of my reg starting to go bad?

S
Jan 22, 2008
Southern, MN
trust but verify

so when I finally got time to get after installing the new regulator, I find there is not a BDX in the tank it's another brand. To make a long story short I screwed the adjuster all the way in so that it's' letting max pressure out..

Premium Features