• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ATTITUDE TURBO B.S.

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
I have had good luck tunning with the attitude box, BUT what I dont think is right is the boxes not being the same !!! what I mean is that the twisted box changed GB & RB around from the rest of the world !!! this can & has caused tunning nightmares, they all should have been the same !!! thanks guys !!! hope some day someone puts chevy injectors in your dodge or ford when your trying to go sledding !!!

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I agree.

What I think they should do is have the following.
Green=air screw adjustment
Yellow=Needle adjustment
Red=Main Jet
GB=Transition for the green setting
YB=Transition for the yellow setting
RG=Transition for the red setting
and
One light this is BOOST FUEL only.

It is confusing as hell to have all the boxes different. I am sure we could call Attitude and have the twisted box reprogamed or have the cutler box fixed. But either way when talking about numbers you better know what you got before you start trading numbers.

Thunder

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The reason they arent all the same is each vehicle or application doesnt need the same adjustments. You are GOING to need a boost fuel adjustment, so one mode is going to be set aside for that, usually green/blue as on a sled the green should always come on right above clutch engagement, no need to move.

Also, people always are comparing numbers to each other blindy, assuming just because they have the same kit it has the same program in it. Attitude, and people who use his controllers, twisted, cutler, etc, have a LOT of variations of programs for EACH turbo application as they update and make them better over time so until you can know the exact program your comparing to, comparing numbers is often just a wild guess.

SO i guess moral of the story, KNOW what your getting for a controller and tune YOUR sled accordingly. Ask the person you bought it from for tuning help, not just some random people that may or may not have the same modes.:yo:

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
The reason they arent all the same is each vehicle or application doesnt need the same adjustments. You are GOING to need a boost fuel adjustment, so one mode is going to be set aside for that, usually green/blue as on a sled the green should always come on right above clutch engagement, no need to move.

Also, people always are comparing numbers to each other blindy, assuming just because they have the same kit it has the same program in it. Attitude, and people who use his controllers, twisted, cutler, etc, have a LOT of variations of programs for EACH turbo application as they update and make them better over time so until you can know the exact program your comparing to, comparing numbers is often just a wild guess.

SO i guess moral of the story, KNOW what your getting for a controller and tune YOUR sled accordingly. Ask the person you bought it from for tuning help, not just some random people that may or may not have the same modes.:yo:

yes,yes,yes I have yet to see 2 sleds run the same numbers even on same kits, to be a good tuner you need to understand all of this.

Whimp

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2012
Laurel Montana
The reason Twisted changed the settings was to allow you to control the green fuel all the way to an idle... This has been a good thing.... Some think you can just adjust your fuel pressure on the bottom end but the newer sleds have been a little touchy in this area and I have my own theory on this....

But it is nice to be able to adjust your idle and bottom end with the box instead of having to dig in your kit and adjust your fuel pressure reg....

Especially when you change a bunch in elevation and your fuel pressure changes you can simply adjust with box to get correct fueling....

I like how you can program the dobec to do different things.... But you are right... you better know your kit.....

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
you guys think trying to keep track of your current modes is fun, try running R&D boxes with not a single normal mode, then hop between different sleds with them on, it will make your head spin. lol.

lots of cool features to be used, just gotta keep track of em!!

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Is there anyway to tell which Twisted programming you have? If your starting blind how do you know which colors are boost fuel. G/B or R/B.....

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If you want, you can send it in to dobeck, get it read out and they can let you know which program it is. otherwise its guess and check.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
On the newer style Twisted M8 programming are the settings:?

R/B boost fuel
Y/B rpm switch point to red
G/B rpm switch point to yellow

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Arctic Thunder didn't you say RB is boost on your Twisted 1000? Mines a 2010 M8 with RB as boost. That part is easy to adjust with the air fuel ratios. What I'm not sure of is the two switch point modes.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Arctic Thunder didn't you say RB is boost on your Twisted 1000? Mines a 2010 M8 with RB as boost. That part is easy to adjust with the air fuel ratios. What I'm not sure of is the two switch point modes.

Yep, on my 09 m1000 Twisted, brand new this year it has the R/B as the boost fuel.

Thunder

Premium Features