• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heated Goggles

Andresenmx

Premium Member
Sep 22, 2016
Has anyone ran the Oakley Infernos or the 509 Ignites? The both look like good choices for powered heated googles. They are $200 for the 509s and $250 for the Oakleys, just looking for reviews before dropping that much on goggles.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I have yet to see battery operated heated goggles really work. Going to try the Klim Oculus with easily removable lenses instead.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Run the Oculus and Viper Pro. I found the Oculus easy to change once you do it a time or two, little flexing of the frame required. I only change them when they're warm/before the day starts, but I always carry extra gogs, so it's never an issue. Also have photochromatics as one of the lens, worth the extra for the option, yellow to dark, but I also like lots of filtering in bright sun. Viper Pro does have better field of view, horizontal and vertical. It's noticeable. Running all of them in a F5, and the fitment is really good, of course.

Wife has doo electric goggles, plug ins, NOT battery. Freaking awesome as far as zero fog, snow dust, and freezing rain. Even throw some heat on a cold day. Just saying they work is an understatement. They will unfog/clear/thaw lens in less than two minutes. Small gogs, but her helmet is the doo CF, the gogs really pair up nice with the helmet, which should happen, but with doo, you never know.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have yet to see battery operated heated goggles really work.

Wow
I bought a second pair last season because I liked them so much.
Will pick up a 3rd pair next season and then dump 15 pairs of other ones and be done with them forever.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Wow
I bought a second pair last season because I liked them so much.
Will pick up a 3rd pair next season and then dump 15 pairs of other ones and be done with them forever.

Glad they work for you. Not so much for others.

Also, I do not like adding more weight to my helmet. I got a Klim F5 to go as light as possible.

To me, heated goggles are a work in progress.

Premium Features