• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New sled or not?

S
Jan 22, 2008
Southern, MN
Dug in and changed reeds today on the old girl (2010 M 8 with Push Race gas set up - boondocker box for fuel control) and started to wonder if this is the last season on her... She's been a great ride, and has been spot on for the last three years (since the boonie box) - a true pull the rope and go. As good as she's been, great chassis, great mechanically, I'm thinking its time for a new one - next year. Guess I have time to decide that... What next? Pro with a Silber? M 8000 with a super charger? Pro lite with A 940? Or just leave her stock (that would be a new concept for me)...

how does a guy decide? At least I'll still have her in the shed-can't believe the market for a turbo M8 is worth getting rid of it. Anyone in the same boat or got any advice?

rcr1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Spring Creek NV
Ya it's pretty sickening the amount of $$$$$ goes into getting it were you want for it only to be worth around $3-4k when your done. Might as well keep it for a backup for when the new ones broke :sick:.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I finally took the plunge and bought a new Proclimb 153" snopro. Kept my old sleds just in case this new one wasn't good enough. The 2016 snopro is much better than the 2015 but.... This clutch noise issue and Arctic Cats engineering response to this issue is making it hard to stay positive about this new purchase. If it weren't for Dale Cutler my dealer bending over backwards to find an answer or a fix for this crappy clutch noise..... I don't know....?

I had the chance to ride a 2016 T3 163" and I'm kinda having buyers remorse cuz that T3 is sweet! Granted I don't know anything about the issues that sled has out of the box but, the T3 is not a XP from old. I absolutely hated those sleds! I bleed green, I love my TM8 and would feel like such a trader if I bought a Skidoo but I am honestly thinking of selling this snopro and getting that T3. I'm going to give this snopro a second and third chance before I ditch it for that T3.

When jumping from my Proclimb to my TM8 the only things I like better about this proclimb is the suspension and steering. The front end is sooo much better than the M- series.
Maybe all I need to do is turbo this snopro and that'll do it!:face-icon-small-win

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Question: what did you like better about the Ski Doo? I have a little time on all of them and they are all great, but I still feel as a total package out of the box, the Cat is still best. I am prejudice.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I had a list all typed up and just about posted it and thought.... Fk that!!

I'm prejudice too. I love the Suzuki 800 on boost but that Etec is a better stock motor. Starts easy too. I like the Cat tunnel and rider position but the Doo handlebar controls and foot boards are a bit better. Doo Steering is quite nice on mellow terrain not sure if I'd love it up the steep trees tho. Might get used to it...? Doos 3" track is a awesome deep powder track, but honestly I think I like the 15" wide power claw better because I don't always ride deep powder. I like a shorter and narrower track for the type of riding I like to do.

If I was going to ride a stock sled it'd be a T3. I have got to have turbo tho and that might be the main reason I'm sticking with the Cat. Stock for stock they all are pretty sweet I'd love to have any of them!

I just think that the Cat is still not quite as refined as the others and still needs mods to compete. Crappy sounding clutches don't do anything good for it's perception either. I have never heard a rattley squawk from a bike or sled and thought... Wow that sounds nice! It's more of a.... Wow that sounds like sht! Something has to be wrong there!

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
That's odd, The T3's haven't impressed us. The axys and the cat with narrow boards are kinda a back and forth though. I think a axys with a powerclaw would make it that much better. Just wish poo would design a new motor as I still don't trust it. But the doo just has not impressed anywhere.

S
Jan 22, 2008
Southern, MN
Thanks for the thoughts. My riding partner ditched his TM8 this year for one of those really long ski donkeys with the t3... We're planning the first trip out west for early January and I'll have to try it out. For me, gotta have boost on the next one too.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Thanks for the thoughts. My riding partner ditched his TM8 this year for one of those really long ski donkeys with the t3... We're planning the first trip out west for early January and I'll have to try it out. For me, gotta have boost on the next one too.

After having a 09 tm8 and having my 16 setup the way it is. I would never go back. I've had more fun on well setup PC m8's (2012, 2014, 2016) than I did on the tm8 but I had a lot of fun on it at the time. I am looking at building a turbo for the 16 but I'm not sure its needed, just want to try it out and test some stuff.

Premium Features