• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Push Oil Leak

S
Jan 22, 2008
Southern, MN
Question -

I haven't had time to look at it yet, but thought someone may be able to point me in the right direction. Sled is a 2010 M8 with a push RG (Tial) set up. Last ride (about 3 weeks ago, I had low oil as evidenced by the view tube - so I added about 3-4 oz. Rode two more days without problems. I assumed it had weeped out of the cap as I understand these things happen.

Just went and lifted the hood - getting ready for the next trip, and I noticed again the oil level is low, and there is evidence of oil on the pipe below and in the belley pan. The thing that has me concerned is that the filter on the turbo (the push prefilter type) the first 1 to 2 inches are gummed up with oil around the filter.

So here's my question - any thoughts? Where should I start looking? Anyone have this expereince?

Never lost oil presssure when it was running - ran great last ride. . . no problems that I was aware of. Did turn the boost up from 7lbs to 10lbs last trip over the course of 2 days.

Thanks...

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I have exactly same sled and kit. Make sure the bolts holding turbo to the stand are tight. If they loosen up the oil will drip on the silencer part of the pipe. I had to retorque mine didnt get them tight enough on install.

S
Jan 22, 2008
Southern, MN
I checked the bolts that mount the turbo to the stand . . . they were just a touch loose - could be the problem. I'm surprised by the amount of oil on the filter - all the way around the filter that a little leak from the bolts casued...

Premium Features