• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m1000 bogging bad at half throttle

J
Dec 29, 2007
Yesterday went up and about half way through the day my m1k started bogging really bad at about half throttle. Felt like when your in deep powder and the sled gets a little starved for air. I'm not the best mechanic and couldn't think of what might be wrong. I pulled all four plugs and they looked good. Also, the air vents etc, were clear. Has anyone had this problem? does anybody have any ideas what might be wrong with it? Was hoping not to spend a bunch of money at the shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J
Dec 29, 2007
Thanks for the help guys but that thread doesn't talk about the problem I have. The sled runs great up to about 4500 rpm, then it boggs down bad. I have a jaws can on it and thought maybe the issue could lie there. So basically, when I hit the throttle it runs great, then when I go to full pull it boggs bad. Has there been any other threads that have talked about this where I might be able to get some clues? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

D
Nov 26, 2007
hayden Idaho
check your power valve cables? they could be either out of adjustment or frayed to the point where it won't open the power valve! There was a recall on the , what they call servo retainer clip, just a thought

C

catman01

Mar 3, 2005
Check exhaust valve cables for problems and correct adjustment. You didn't mention whether or not the problem exists with the stock exhaust installed.

J
Dec 29, 2007
catman01-- The problem does exist with the stock exhaust. But obviously the sound is not as pronounced, maybe that is because I'm used to the can. I checked the cables and they OK to me. I didnt notice anything loose or frayed. I dropped it off at my mechanic and I'll think I'll see what they say. I really appreciate you guys trying to help me out. Thanks

Premium Features