• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A couple 18' interesting observations

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
So I was tearing into my 18' EB 800 162 today and found a couple unexpected things. First of all I have to say ive had every proclimb since 2012 and the fit and finish on this thing is very nice. I think the electronic oil pump for the 2-stroke oil may give the belt drive builders a bit of a problem since it's incorporated into the stock oil tank. Not sure how you will get this little oil pump into a plastic oil tank without oil delete. I'm sure TKI figure something out for those who wanna keep oil injection and the pump.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I was very happy and surprised to see they have relocated the air intake temp sensor to the air box right in front of the throttle body! Right where it should be, in the airflow right before the air enters the TB.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Took me a little bit to figure out what this thing was on top of the airbox. It's the idle air control circuit. Electronically controlled idle. The wildcat has something similar, but built into the throttle body.

Last edited:

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Oil pump.

Thanks for the pics.
Looks like the oil pump housing is sealed and bolted/screwed to the oil tank?
If so it should be possible to do the same thing to plastic tank.
It probably would be better with 4 bolts/screws holding it onto the plastic tank though.
Is the 600 oil pump and tank mounted the same way?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Had the 18' cat parked next to my 17' 850 doo. Was surprised at the widest point of the body, at the front of the running board the cat was 3" narrower than the doo.

2018 Cat

2017 850 summit

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I do not think an oil delete is going to be that easy on the ctec, it injects oil in throttle body and in the cylinder depending on throttle position. My guess is if you eliminate you will have to trick ecu into thinking its working somehow.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
So AC narrowed up a lot. Back to what my 2009 M8 is. When I first picked up my 850 I measured the widest point on each of them. 09M8 was 31" and 34" just like said.

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
6000 oil tank and pump are the same, I have one of those and I put a belt drive on it. I had to make my own tank out of alum. because that pump goes inside the tank and is sealed with an O ring. Also when you bleed this oil system you have to take it to the dealer and use a computer to do it.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Drain Plug

600 oil tank and pump are the same as the photo above. I know because I just changed the chaincase oil. What a pain! Does the 2018 have a drain plug in the chaincase?

I have not seen one but am being told there is a drain plug on the new case. I agree it is a pain to change oil in the case, my 81 tiger even had a drain plug.

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
Are the 18 C-tech 800 or 600 requiring a specific oil above and beyond what most use? If so what is it? Really like what I see so far on the 18s. Thanks for the photos it make it so much easier to start understanding the new model.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
TKI has a belt drive for it, he's been using it on the 600, uses the original tank with a backer plate not much weight loss, MVM uses the same plastic tank in their kits and machine a kind of sump he told me that derects the oil to the pump at the bottom this sounds like it's much much lighter then TKI but unsure if the sealant they would use to hold the sump to the tank will hold or if it will work properly

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
TKI has a belt drive for it, he's been using it on the 600, uses the original tank with a backer plate not much weight loss, MVM uses the same plastic tank in their kits and machine a kind of sump he told me that derects the oil to the pump at the bottom this sounds like it's much much lighter then TKI but unsure if the sealant they would use to hold the sump to the tank will hold or if it will work properly

TKI will have a revised kit for the 18s.

I've read a few times the new chaincase has a drain plug.

Premium Features