• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Incorporating 2018 Changes into Earlier Proclimbs

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I keep reading the cool changes coming to the Proclimb for 2018. I have a 2015 Proclimb 153 and like many on here, I updated the front end to the 2016 36" front end. Then when the Mountain Cat came out, I ordered the longer inner chain case along with a belt drive system and a 3" Powerclaw to keep up with the latest changes.

Now, I see the 2018 changes and I wondering how I (we) can incorporate the 2018 changes into our existing sleds. The changes I am most interested in are:

1. The foot position is moved 2" further forward. I haven't looked yet but, I would bet that since the chassis is nearly the same that we should be able to accomplish this fairly easily. Has anyone looked at doing it yet?

2. The plastics will be narrower and have "easy access" for 2018. Is there a fit kit for those of us with older Proclimbs to be able to mount the new plastics?

3. The narrower running boards would probably have to be a the plastics upgrade. I have been reading that we can narrow up the current plastics with just a running board change and some 'trimming". However, i am really interested in the improved access the new side panel supposedly provide.

What other changes can we incorporate into our older sleds to keep them up with the times?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
2018 plastic

As far as I can tell the bdx kit doesn't use the 2018 side panels or belly pan. It looks like they are using the 2017 Sidewinder or king cat 4 stroke body work in there kit or maybe the 600 RS trail sled body work.
I'm guessing there'll be a kit or we'll be able to update are sleds.
If I can I'll be doing my 2016 LTD

I
Sep 23, 2016
The new side panels are fricken awesome if you ask me. Got to check one out yesterday in person. The fit and finish is 10000000x better then previous proclimbs sleds. I want the new body work...bad

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Cat or BDX would be wise to offer a plastics retrofit kit for earlier Procross and Proclimb sleds. They could even offer a "deluxe" running board and plastics retrofit kit.

Has anyone taken the time to see how easy it would be move the foot mounts forward a couple inches?

I am using an AMP bar riser that moves the bars up a minimal amount but more importantly, it moves the bars forward an inch or two (I can't remember exactly) to keep the rider as far forward as possible while riding the sled. I think that along with the more forward foot wells might really make a big difference in control of the sled.

AMP-8011 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Has anyone taken the time to see how easy it would be move the foot mounts forward a couple inches?

Do you think they just redesigned the stirrup so it angles forward? Similar to what b&m fab did with the skinny boards? Then cleared the plastic out so your foot can move forward? Similar to what they did on the MC.

If you don't have skinny boards the BDX kit might work fine. With skinny boards the 18 plastic would be ideal. Not sure if it makes a big difference but the wiring harness looks different. From the country cat video it appears to disconnect by the oil tank vs under the gauge like the current models. I need to stop by the dealer to see if they have an 18 on the floor.

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I checked out an 18 today at the dealer. The boards look the same as the mountain cat to me. The wiring harness does disconnect by the oil tank, much easier to get to. The new plastics look very clean and streamlined. Much easier to get off and no huge holes between the plastics. I was impressed with the fit and finish. I hope the motor works!

Do you think they just redesigned the stirrup so it angles forward? Similar to what b&m fab did with the skinny boards? Then cleared the plastic out so your foot can move forward? Similar to what they did on the MC.

If you don't have skinny boards the BDX kit might work fine. With skinny boards the 18 plastic would be ideal. Not sure if it makes a big difference but the wiring harness looks different. From the country cat video it appears to disconnect by the oil tank vs under the gauge like the current models. I need to stop by the dealer to see if they have an 18 on the floor.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
All they did to get the feet forward was angle the tube that bolts under the gas tank and runs down to the running boards edge rails forward at the bottom. I put on the "pro mtn" boards from cat(there skinny boards) and I probably gained about 2" farther forward were the edge rails meets the plastic.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I haven't seen the new plastic yet. I guess I should watch the video.

It seems every time I read a thread on how to best ride the Proclimb chassis it always states "stay as far forward as possible, so based on what Vern said, maybe it won't be that hard to get a few more inches forward.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
This is how the mtn cat is for the extra forward room, my pro mtn boards are about the same if I remember correctly. I'm sure the new sleds will be the same but with better plastics.

201603011447522.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I think Vern is correct with the boards.

I think cat revised the belt guard and oil tank to narrow the sled and plastics. So not sure how the 18 plastics will fit the older sleds?

GS6

j.janke

Lifetime Membership
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
I too am excited about the 18. I just got a 16 this summer so I'm sure I'll be on it for another year or two. But I'm confident that the engine will be a hit for sure. The 600 ctec they came out with was very good right off the bat. That's why this 800 took so long because they don't want to ever make a mistake like they did on the 12s by releasing the new chassis early because they wanted to stay competitive. Hopefully I'll look to get a 19. Hopefully get to get on one in a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
Can anyone get a width measurement on the boards on the front? I have polaris running boards on mine and I'm hoping I can make the new belly pan and side panels work well on mine without too much work. I'm thinking I'll probably have to make new stirrups but that's not a big deal.

Premium Features