• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tach is froze on 08 m1000

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
started it up to load it and now the tach is like froze in one spot, the little rpm needle thing is stuck at one spot and the digital part just stuck at one spot when turned on. any ideas?? tried unpluging and plugging back in and didn't do anything

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
You may need a new one, mine started getting wet inside, it would work than not work. I had to get a new one.

Tar

Last edited:
R

Reaper

Nov 27, 2007
Southeast Idaho
Mine did about the same thing, took it in the house and took the trim ring off then the face off and let it sit in by the heater for a week. Put it back together and added just a slight touch of silicone around the o-ring seal area and its been good since.

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
it was full of moisture, let it sit inside and the little needle went back down to zero so hopefully its dried out enough

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
it was full of moisture, let it sit inside and the little needle went back down to zero so hopefully its dried out enough

If your carefull you can get the lens off or just up a little, put it next to the heater. It will dry out. Mine worked on and off till it just quit.
The dealer had an update o-ring seal for the tack.

Tar

Premium Features