• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 m8 low end boging

wondering if any one has come along this problem. my m8 bogs out around 4000 rpm's . goes like a rapped ape at full throtle but as soon as you slow down it falls on its face. sled is stock except the mbrp stinger, i have checked injector resistance , plugs, fuel pickup screens (removed the rubber in the back screen) . flushed the fuel system , ran injector cleanor. sled only has 1500 km on it. thinking maybe some thing to do with clutching?
any help would be grate thanks

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
Check the Oil ratio. My 07 would bog at take off but would clear up untill I shut it down again. Did you try running the stock can?

Jason

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
LOW END BOGGING...???

��NOTE: If the drive belt deflection is above specifications,
the snowmobile will bog and lack power at
clutch engagement. For good performance, proper
belt deflection is critical

you DO NOT set your deflection by ride height in the secondary...!!!..its in your manual..belt deflection is critical and overides belt ride heigth in importance..!!!

DRIVE BELT DEFLECTION
Drive belt length, condition, and deflection are all
important for peak performance. To check and adjust
drive belt deflection, use the following procedure.
1. Turn the engine off; then open the access panel.
2. Make sure the drive belt is sitting at the top of the
driven pulley sheaves
3. Place a straightedge on top of the drive belt. The
straightedge should reach from the drive clutch to
the top of the driven pulley.
4. Using a stiff ruler centered between the drive
clutch and driven pulley, push down on the drive
belt just enough to remove all slack. Note the
amount of deflection on the ruler at the bottom of
the straightedge. The deflection should be at
31 mm (1 1/4 in.).
741-464A

��NOTE: Push down on the belt with the ruler only
until the bottom of the belt flexes upward; then
read the amount of deflection.

5. To correct drive belt deflection, remove the sheave
adjuster from the pulley, remove or add shim
washers to the adjuster, and install the adjuster.
��NOTE: Adding shim washers will decrease belt
deflection; removing shim washers will increase
belt deflection.
��NOTE: If the drive belt deflection is above specifications,
the snowmobile will bog and lack power at
clutch engagement. For good performance, proper
belt deflection is critical

I Tried the stock can and it didn't make difference . My belt deflection IS a bitt out so I will fix that and give it a try. Just weird how it ran good last year I parked and now it has a low end bog . Thanks for the tips

Thinking the tps might have something to do with it . Almost like thear is a dead spot in it. I guess I need an AC tool to power up it up to check range of motion voltage. Might have to take it in to the dealership. Any one had thear tps bigger up on them before?

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
i know its stuped but did you put a new belt on it yet?

do you have a goldfinger on it (reverse throttle)

does it fall on its face like put you over the handlebars or does it just not have power at 4k as much?

x2 on cleaning power valves, and checking oil ratio.

G

grizbacker

Jun 17, 2009
Missoula, Mt.
Mine is doing the same thing. . . I talked to a guy that knows virtually everything about cats and he said a fuel pressure regulator should clear it right up. Mine should be here tomorrow and I will be installing it asap. I will let you know if this helps.

Found the problem thear was a pinhole leak in my fuel line . Could see the leak untill I put the track up in the air and ran it with the hood open ,you could see the leak at wide open but it must have been sucking air at 4000 rpm. Cleared it when I changed the fuel line ( stupid fix . Just weird I couldn't see a fuel anywhere) thanks for the tips .

Premium Features