• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 apex batteries ?

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
YTZ10S
http://www.tristatebattery.com/product_info.php?products_id=762

I've been using the 7S from that website. Its done fine w/ my Nytro, but I do try to keep it on a tender when sitting over the week..summer..etc

The 10S is spose to be more "worry" proof.
And its still a good deal lighter than the stocker at 7lbs..and plenty of CCA even for the Apex.
And 107$ is a great deal for that battery too by what I can find from a quick search.

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I have run the YTZ10S for a couple season now. It starts the engine well, its the same battery yamaha use for the R1, I know there not in cold or snow. Sure it does weight more than the 7, but its only got 130cca, were the 10 has 200cca. For a couple lbs more, I feel better having it.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
for the guys running the rx1 motor like me, would a little less power be alright? i know that its mainly the starter killing it when its cold, but theres just less electric load to do injectors, blah blah blah when you start up... just looking for thoughts, not to hijack, but batteries are kinda a big deal when your the only 4 banger in the group, dont want to kill the thing on the hill if she floods out on me ore something stupid happens and then have no way to get power and start it!!

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I wouldnt run a 7 unless your sled runs flawless. And even then I would carry a set of small jumper cables. Someone makes a kit to jump to a 2 stroke head lite harness.

T

Turbo Monster

Nov 26, 2007
Hinton Alberta
I run a lite weight battery in my RX-1 and it's comming out.Going back to stock.I don't like boosting when it cold out and I'm worried that when it floods out it won't start.

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
How's the YTZ10s in really cold temps. I was in Stanley last year and had to start mine in -25 F. It took a lot to start but it finally did, had to get the oil moving in the turbo. I cranked on it forever, the battery was stock but 3 years old.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I have a 7 in my apex. Its a few years old and just last weekend was the first time I started it since April and it fired right up. Never had any problems starting the sled but I would say I dont think I have started it at temps any cold then -15* F. Its got about 6,000 miles on it if that matters. lol Eric

Premium Features