• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Keep my dragon 700 or buy 10/11 m8

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
Thinking lately about getting a new sled. Mainly just got fed up with local dealer on a fix job on another sled, so thinking about jumping to the m8 with the ho motor.
Main pro about my D7 is its paid for.
Main pro about the m8 is the 160hp.

Never rode a m8 but from the YouTube videos I have watched of the 10/11 m8 in action doing the riding style I do they look like they perform very well.

I just need help of those with time on both.

Mainly boondock, try to jump, drop, and small hill climbs (no massive chutes)

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Have you rode a 10/11 M8? It sounds like you like your D7 and it is paid for, I would only go to the M8 if you really like how it performs with your riding style, which doesn't include big climbs where more HP/Torque is needed. There is more to enjoying riding a sled than just HP.

I've kept my D7 for just that reason, it is very dependable and I love how it rides.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I had an 09 m8 and they are an awesome sled. I would not hesitate to buy one

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
10 is when they started the high output 800. And different seat, maybe a few other little things. 12 is the new chassis

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
I have not rode an m8. I just felt maybe the extra hp would give me better lift off some wind blown jumps. But at the same time I do really like my dragon 700. Great sled

F
Nov 26, 2007
Murray Utah
You will hate the trail manners of the M. When my buddy wanted to try my dragon, i chased him down after 2 minutes to get my sled back. The lack of a sway bar on the cat makes it very easy to roll from side to side but the trade of is poor handling on firm snow and the tendency to dive to the downhill ski on off camber turns.

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I have not rode an m8. I just felt maybe the extra hp would give me better lift off some wind blown jumps. But at the same time I do really like my dragon 700. Great sled

If you're wanting more HP, install SLP's 777 kit in your 700 - 160 or so HP. I have the kit in my 09 and it's awesome. The kit is for 3000' and higher with 91 oct pump gas.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
The M sled has a different feel for sure. The front end feels very light compared to the IQ chassis sleds but you can adjust some stuff and get it closer until you get used to it. a good set of Powder Pro ski's in the front make a big difference as well.

This is something i've been considering doing lately as well. I love the white and orange M's in the same years your looking at. I've owned all Polaris sleds my entire life and kind of feel like its just time for something different.

Plus stock 160 hp is a HUGE selling point for me.

Premium Features