• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slp 777 bang for buck?

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
i have been doing some research lately, not because i need a big bore or anything but just to get an idea for the future. my 700 cfi is claimed to make 140 stock. it has slp single, intake and can on it which is said to provide about 8-9 ponys. now the total is around 148-149. for an extra $2800 i can get a big bore kit, which will only add another 10 horse. i guess what im getting at is, the big bore kits seem to add a lot of power... over stock. if you already have the pipe and can setup, you do not get the performance you should for the cost. am i right or is there something i am missing?

if my motor was burnt down then i see doing the BB since it needs built anyways, but just to do on a 700 cfi for a few extra horses seems kinda like a waste of $$

my $.02

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I should have went that way instead of putting mine back stock.I think it is a great deal they claim 160 hp and no added weight. If you did not already have the pipe and can it sounds better.I am looking for a 700 lower end as of now and hope to start the build this summer if they still have the kit at this price.It is alot cheaper than buying a 800.

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
that is what im thinking too. if my motor blows or loses compression, ill do the slp 777 or carls 770, but only when i NEED to. if i had the 800, i would do a carls 860 and be done with motor issues.

Premium Features