• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

front bumpers

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
who are all the companies that make the replacement bumpers for the plastic-fantastic one on the early iq's?

i know skinz, and i talked to tri city who says they no longer build them... but who else? i dont want to break the bank so i want to shop around first. thanks

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
thanks everyone. the skinz seems so be the cheapest at $199. i think they look good, but i would be happy with one that looks like the stock pro-rides. i could get the skinz and just cut the ends off, that would be close to the 09-pro-ride bumpers, but a lot of money to just cut it up before its mounted. im really not worried about hitting a tree, insurance will help me out there, more worried about having to lift up on the front. dont want to break the plastic one on the mountain, want somehting to hold on to that you dont got to worry about

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
The Skinz bumper is plenty strong...most of us have been using them for years without any issues. Insurance won't get you back to the truck when you hit a tree in the back country and crush the front plastics and your exhaust pipe, but the Skinz bumper might!

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
good point morsno!! got a pic of yours to throw up? i would appreciate it

also, are the stock rear bumpers weak? the skinz rear looks sweet

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Here's one.
DSC_0068.jpg

Not mine but a good photo showing the mounting points.
Block20Off20Panel.jpg

Never had a problem with the rear bumper even when towing my fish house. Kinda beat up looking if you look close, but still tight and functional. Kobe makes a good rear bumper also.

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
thanks for the link and thanks for the pics. that 09 front would be sweet, but i will probably play it cheap, save that $200 and buy a graphics kit or some venting. i also want to buy a 600 155 as a spare and for my gf to ride, so ill try to find a 09-10 for her.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Here's the TreeDog bumper on an 08

100_6850.jpg

With the Skinz float plate

100_6724.jpg

Skinz Rear bumper. The real benefit for me is I can still grab the Skinz bumper when I am completely stuck (all the time) and the flap is folded up. Great product.

100_7017.jpg

100_6700.jpg

100_6979.jpg

100_7032.jpg

And some nice Walleye. lol. EW

IMG_5938.jpg

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Damn Eric, those are nice fish.

Not to bash the skinz bumper, but I'd just like to point out how it attaches in comparison to the treedog bumper.

If anybody had saw my buds 9 flip and endo off the rocks last year and the minimal damage to the sled that occurred....everyone would be lining up for one of toby's bumpers.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I think that I have plenty of experience in this department. I have an 08 that I put a TCP and an 07 that I put a Skins bumper on. Both sleds have been intimate with a couple massive trees. The TCP was bent enough that the hood would not line up correctly and needed to be replaced. I was not happy with the cost of the TCP, but it saved all the plastic, hood and pipe. The Skins bumper actually cracked the welds with it's impact, but saved all of the plastic, hood, and pipe. For half the price of the TCP, the Skins was an awesome deal. I replaced both destroyed bumpers with Skins again last year. I can't say enough praise for them. :first:

Premium Features