• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 M build

M
Jan 28, 2008
NW Montana
I have a A/C 900 with a timber-sled rear skid and a 2.5 162 track, I also bought a 07 1000 chassis (CHEAP) The goal this summer is to put the 900 into the M with the timber-sled rear skid and track. I also bought a timber-sled front suspension kit for $800.00 and i made my own V/E style rear tunnel kit, and a u-cooler I built.

The remaining Items to buy for the build

Diamond lite drive/ with drive shaft $850.
STM secondary $550.
Cutler can, modify it to fit the pipe $275.
belly pan plastic, Nose/bumper and side panels $ 300.
I also need to build the hood and seat
Powder coat the sled black $ 200.
I also hope to have the rails,front steering rods and gauge pod anodized RED $$ ? I don't know how much this will cost
counting the money I've put into the sled so-far and the Items left to buy, I should be around $ 3400.00 total to the build (Goal)
I don't have a title so I will file for a custom built sled title and it should be labeled as a 2010 sled when I'm done.
Target weight is 430# dry

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
sweet:face-icon-small-coo

that old 900 will still kill just about any M8 non-turbo on the planet

i dont know who does powder coating for only $200, but you get what you pay for and ive seen em turn out pretty bad

M
Jan 28, 2008
NW Montana
Thanks

I've only called a place in the phone book and got a quote over the phone so far
I also talked to fabcraft and they told me who they use and that is probably who I will call when I'm ready. May coat a little more but you get what you pay for.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
Fun!

It will be interesting to see how well that traditionally oriented engine (intake in the rear, exhaust in the front) will fit into the new chassis that is designed to have all the goods run into and out of the front of the engine. I like the idea....

Premium Features