• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS randomly shuts down

E
Feb 22, 2010
Hey Guys. I have a 2015 Pro-X 800 with 1700 miles. Sled runs perfect, but will randomly shut off. When it shuts off the engine light will flash and sled shuts down. If I cycle the kill switch I can keep it running and it will go right back to running fine. I thought it was the TSS, so I bought the delete resistor kit and that didn't seem to help. It will never die when I am on the throttle, seems to be when I am coasting to a stop or coming into a corner and off the throttle. Anyone have any ideas? I am hoping to make it to the dealer today to scan for fault codes.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
Hey Guys. I have a 2015 Pro-X 800 with 1700 miles. Sled runs perfect, but will randomly shut off. When it shuts off the engine light will flash and sled shuts down. If I cycle the kill switch I can keep it running and it will go right back to running fine. I thought it was the TSS, so I bought the delete resistor kit and that didn't seem to help. It will never die when I am on the throttle, seems to be when I am coasting to a stop or coming into a corner and off the throttle. Anyone have any ideas? I am hoping to make it to the dealer today to scan for fault codes.

Same issue just started on my 17 Assault. I had two codes, First was stuck throttle and second was Driver Ignition Coil. I am going to chase a bunch of wires this weekend and hope that I find something???

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Friend of mine just had this exact thing happen and it ended up being the harness to the tss. I kept telling him TSS and ended up it was the harness to it which gave the same symptoms.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
Friend of mine just had this exact thing happen and it ended up being the harness to the tss. I kept telling him TSS and ended up it was the harness to it which gave the same symptoms.

I'm thinking I am gonna order a bypass to rule mine out... I've checked everything I can think of, threw a new set of plugs in and loosened the throttle freeplay slightly as it was a bit on the tight side.

T
Jan 14, 2020
I'm thinking I am gonna order a bypass to rule mine out... I've checked everything I can think of, threw a new set of plugs in and loosened the throttle freeplay slightly as it was a bit on the tight side.
Did you find the problem? My sled is shutting down and dealer can’t pin point.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Mine had similar problems and it turned out to be the wiring harness connection to the voltage regulator. It had been arcing/shorting on occasion and had a meltdown at the plug. It's probably worth checking most every plug in your harness, my bad one had wires that were horribly discolored.

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
I fought this all late season last year. It wound up being the coil packs. They would get warm and short out. The engine would die exactly like you re describing. I could cycle the key switch or kill switch and keep going.

Polaris put in an ECU, plugs, and wires and it was finally fixed after they swapped the coil packs (both).

EDIT: Should also note I swapped kill switches, teethers, installed (multiple) by-passes, went over my wiring harness end-to-end. Swapped all relays (multiple times).

The ECU wouldn't store a code until they swapped it, then it the code pointed to ignition disable (trying to find the code, will post if I can find it)

Orignal Post: Orignal Post

Premium Features