• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's Stock Clutching 800 AXYS

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
What's the stock clutching in the AXYS, and what elevation are they tuned to?

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Was thinking for the 155 x 2.6 but if others are different that would be good to know too.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
mine came with 10-64, and they suggest 10-70's for my elevation. This motor must pull a little stronger than old eh?

last years sled came with 10-62's and i ran 10-68's to pull 8100 all the time.

my location is 600'-1000' area.

FactoryAir1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Anyone out there in the low elevation regions receive their sled and check what weights/spring are in the primary?

Manual specifies 70g and a gold spring for 0-2000, dealer wants to charge $150 in parts to switch it

FactoryAir1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
That's really about $150 too much. A good dealer would set it up for your elevation.

I agree.

Their response was they sell the sled at too much of a discount to do the work for free.

They are swapping out weights to 68's but I'm betting it will over rev once broken in.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
That's really about $150 too much. A good dealer would set it up for your elevation.

Something that should be discussed before you consider ordering/purchasing a sled from certain dealers. I already know my dealer won't touch the clutch without seeing more money from me but the past 2 sleds I've ordered from them are quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
That's about $30 too much.

According to who? Between parts and labor I don't think that is out of line at all...Heck retail on the weights is $89.95

As for those that feel a dealer should price the Mountain sled for the flat land at the exact same margin as all other sleds but also throw in clutching for low altitude at no charge and install it, Well you guys crack me up!

Discount the sled, free set up, throw in a cover, free delivery, 20% off accessories for life and give me clutching, do we have a deal?

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
According to who? Between parts and labor I don't think that is out of line at all...Heck retail on the weights is $89.95

As for those that feel a dealer should price the Mountain sled for the flat land at the exact same margin as all other sleds but also throw in clutching for low altitude at no charge and install it, Well you guys crack me up!

Discount the sled, free set up, throw in a cover, free delivery, 20% off accessories for life and give me clutching, do we have a deal?

And First 3 sets of Pistons half price, free labor. Now we have a deal.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI

Wasn't sure if the $150 was for parts and labor but I assumed parts only. My dealer wants $110 online and $120 in store for weights and spring. They usually charge ~$10-15 for shipping. Parts and labor I agree $150 is a very good deal!

Last edited:

FactoryAir1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007

All my new Doos came setup for low alt. along with left over parts for high altitude. Not sure if it was the dealer or manuf who took care of it though....

Premium Features