• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha Nytro A-Arms

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Alright looks like i will be keeping my turbo nytro for another year. In the mean time i have found out that i need to replace an A-Arm that i bent.

My question, who are the makers of lightweight front end nytros right now besides skinz? What success have you had with them??

Thanks!

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
A arms

We have some mixed feelings regarding some of the A arms being marketed these days. Several companies are bringing the lower shock mount inboard on the lower arm, this stands the shock more vertical which in turn radically changes the leverage ratio from what the shock/springs were calibrated for. I won't mention brand names here.

We promote and sell Chad's A-arms from CR Racing, his are 3" forward on a 37" stance, with the lower shock mount where it is supposed to be located. Chromoly tubing, quality components. Available with black powder coat or raw finish. Upgrade shaft kits for models prior to 2010 available. We can also set you up with Oil lite bushing at the same time. Call me at the Shop or PM me for pricing and/or details.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i had the skins or still have but use chads cr racing 37inch 3+ forward & like them allot better in everyway.i would sell yah a set of skins for a good price though.:face-icon-small-win

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
i had the skins or still have but use chads cr racing 37inch 3+ forward & like them allot better in everyway.i would sell yah a set of skins for a good price though.:face-icon-small-win

There is good reason why +3" forward is now the most popular. Going further forward does make the sled come over even easier when countersteering, but unless you're a 84 lb. circus midget, not required. Sled is very well balanced at 3" forward. Over 3" forward requires shock mods (spherical ends) or swivel shock mounting brackets , and can cause high centering problems, especially when loading and unloading.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The Zbros
Bui;t ;ole a tank
750v4634_1.jpg

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
CR.....CR.....CR.......CR

CR is what I meant!

After speaking with skinz, zbros, and CR, it looks like this.

Cr racing - 3 inches forward 37 inches wide

Zbros-- 3 inches forward and 40 inches wide.

Skinz- new concept arms - 4.5 inches forward and 39 inches wide

I'm after making this as nimble as possible.. Hmm

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
After speaking with skinz, zbros, and CR, it looks like this.

Cr racing - 3 inches forward 37 inches wide

Zbros-- 3 inches forward and 40 inches wide.

Skinz- new concept arms - 4.5 inches forward and 39 inches wide

I'm after making this as nimble as possible.. Hmm

NARROW...

F

fishstick

Banned
Oct 4, 2014
I posted this in another thread a while back. But it looks like it might be worth something here.

cut n past from thread.

Ive been a looooong time lurker on here. Never thought I needed to register. But need to for these guys.
Ive seen there random post for the arms here and there. Did a bit of research and called them up. Spoke with Allan the owner. Super nice guy and very helpful with their stuff. I was very skeptical in putting down $$ for my nytro. But after taking to Allan for over 45 minutes, he totally put my concerns at ease. The 365 kit was shipped the same day, and I had it with in the week. It showed up exactly as he had described. Came with full instructions and everything needed to bolt right up. I was super please with the quality of the arms. Plus IMO they look way cool.
Anyhow my main point is they WORK. Really work! IT makes the Nytro feel, well not like a nytro. It really changes the way the sled rides and handles. I know the Nytro is now old and has a lot of sceptics. But I for one still like it and I am super pleased with the a-arms, it has given me a new ride. I cant wait for the snow to fly. Probably looking for another MTX and will defiantly be putting on another 365 kit.
Big thanks to Allan form Barcode.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I realize what you are basing your comment on but i feel it is a little misleading. you can adjust it the z-broz kit but limited between only 2 settings where your kit is completely adjustable.by design

Didn't mean to be misleading. Technically they do have limited adjustability by moving the upper A arm forwards or rearwards by means of a spacer. The reason for this was to compensate for rear height differences (taller track or suspension settings). The Nytro requires more adjustability, especially when the subframes tweak. Bolt on a set of aftermarket a arms. What are you going to do if your caster is out and you can't adjust it? Most people don't even pay attention to caster. The Mountaintech are easily adjustable at the side of the trail, so I can personally tell you that I have taken the time to test different settings, side to side and back to back within minutes, in the same snow. Proper caster makes a noticeable difference off trail. If you had told me a few years ago that I would be making A arms for the Nytro, I would have laughed. I thought the market was saturated with every offering. It was not until I had the opportunity to try some one elses arms that I realized there was something missing in the market. After many prototypes and a season of testing I came up with what I offer today. They are 38" wide and +3" forward. They have separate caster and camber adjustments (one adjustment does not affect the other) and are made of mild steel DOM tubing. Not as light as chromoly, but more reliable. I've been stranded one too many times by lightweight chromoly parts that have catastrophically failed. You can alter settings easily with a few wrenches. They accept all OEM and aftermarket bushings. (no special bushings required)
The biggest problem with going over 3" forward with spindles is that the sled underbody is way more vulnerable due to high centering, especially when loading into the back of the pickup. Kind of like trying to load a riding lawnmower into a pickup with a straight ramp. Mower deck will hang up. When I had the unnamed arms on the sled I saw first hand the damage incurred. I contacted the makers of the arms and they said they had never encountered the problem, because they transport in low trailers......back east. They had little experience with transporting sleds on sled decks or in the back of pickup trucks.

000_0001.jpg 000_0002.jpg

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yes we have had this conversation before and I have been following the front development of all the kits for the past few years. I also realize thàt you have been testing a lot of different designs before you settled on your current design. Your kits looks like a great kit as well. It was just when I read your reply I got the impression that the z-broz did not have any adjustablility at all. Maybe it was just me. I just wanted to make sure that people that are reading the thread understand that it does but it is very limited as you also have pointed out by using a shim. I used the information I read in the forums as well as doing my own research when I decided on the kit that I currently have. That is what these forums are good for. People like yourself and others can let people out their know what you have found that works and let us then decide what direction they want go

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
My last set I built was 36 wide 2 inch forward and was amazing in the powder. Better than the previous 37, 2 inch forward I built. the 36 though started to suffer at over 50 on the road but...you know...

I don't suggest building your own just adding another view about width.

Premium Features