• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountaintech A Arms for Nytro MTX

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
Lets stick with Nytros here. Different platforms may well react differently, just like cars. With the testing I did I found that 22-24+ degrees worked very well for the Nytro chassis Less than that, and the difference was quite obvious. It was very apparent when riding in deep snow. The stock Nytro caster setting is 23 degrees. What are your caster settings presently? I am assuming you have a Nytro. Depending on your A arms and subframe you may or may not have that. The prototypes I used last year allowed for independent caster and camber adjustments that could be changed quickly while I was up riding. That allowed me to assess different setups in the same snow conditions. I live VERY close to the snow so I was able to ride in all possible conditions over the course of last season.

Thanks I do ride a Nytro but I love the way the Pro handles I figured the weight and sled design makes a difference. Sounds like you have done your home work should work awesome. I have a forward suspension already but not sure what my caster is. I am just learning here and did not realize it made such a difference. I know I have more then stock but never checked it. I will have to check it.:light:

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I hope your bent tie rod sleeves work out better than the skinz ones. I bent one pretty darn easy. Seems like there should be a gusset there at the bend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I hope your bent tie rod sleeves work out better than the skinz ones. I bent one pretty darn easy. Seems like there should be a gusset there at the bend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The bend is required for clearance in the steering bellows area. If the tie rods were left straight there is a slight clearance issue in the rubber bellows area. Where you put the bend is critical. Skinz puts their bend towards the center of the tie rod, which is the least desirable place.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
The bend is required for clearance in the steering bellows area. If the tie rods were left straight there is a slight clearance issue in the rubber bellows area. Where you put the bend is critical. Skinz puts their bend towards the center of the tie rod, which is the least desirable place.

Good to know. Thanks!

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
There was a slight misalignment during suspension compression. Wouldn't have been reliable over time with stock shocks. Went back to the tried and true from last season.

Premium Features