• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why is the site down every morning?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ya, we have been chasing down this one for the last month
We think its coming from a google tracking device that is causing a memory leak on the server.

This morning we disabled it and hope that solves it.

sledking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Central MN
I've had the same problem. It did it again this morning when I tried logging in, but depending when you did the fix this might have been before you fixed it. It was about 8 am central time. Hopefully its fixed!:rockon:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
What is SSDD? Educate me.

Same SH** Different Day.

Thanks for the info Christopher, hopefully that did it. I thought it was odd that nobody had said anything, I was starting to think it was just me somehow, but it had been each morning, and then back up by 8:30 or so.

I can't start working until I know all is well in the world of snowmachines... it was really making my day tough...

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
I'm trying to understand why I am paying for the 1 forum out of the several I use that goes down every or every other morning.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yesterday we were taken down along with some 50 Million other sites as part of a massive DOS attack against our DNS host.

As of right now we are trying to determine why we
we went down at 3:40am
I found the outage at 7:19am and resolved it at 9:31am

While we "thought" we knew what the problem was, clearly there is still something else going on.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
Yea i need these outages to change there time frame.....i dont really do anything at work from 6am-7am im usually 100% snowest that hour...lol :face-icon-small-coo

I was just now able to get on :moony:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Still not certain what the cause is.
But we spent several hours today installing "watchdogs" that should auto-fix anything that goes wrong in the future.

And we are installing a new automated restart system that will do a virtual server reboot should the forum crash.

With a little luck we will kill this gremlin!

Premium Features