• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat guy switching to 02' 700 Doo - school me

S
Feb 14, 2012
Alright, long story short I'm contemplating purchacing a 2002 Skidoo Mod 700 Summit. I currently own 2 Cats which are in good shape and I really have no complaints about. I've found parts have always been reasonable and for the most part the cats have been pretty easy to wrench on. I was planning to extend my 2000 ZRT to a 144 and add some new powder style skis to make it more compitent off trail. Wasn't really looking for a mountain sled but something I could do a little of everything with. Well, by the time I finish that project I'll likely have a grand into it and the sled will still be worth only $1500-$2500 which is about what I can get for it as it sits. Low and behold I came accross 2002 Skidoo 700 Summit Mod sled That I could buy and trade out my ZRT for about the same money.

Give me the lowdown on these and tell me the good and the bad. The sled has a high comp. head, 151 track, dropped and rolled chain case, fabcraft tunnel, Boss Seat, 10" anti-ratchet drivers, 8" wheels, and a brand new top end with wiseco double ring pistons.

Thanks for any info!

S
Feb 14, 2012
Just talk to the owner and have a few more details mostly around the engine. The owner tells me the engine is a 700 bottom end with 800 jugs and high compression heads. The rebuild has less than a couple hours on it. Everything else around the engine is bone stock, the pipe, air box, can and so on. Said it's geared down for climbing so the top speed is around 80 mph as it sits. Was told that just about every nut and bolt has been removed an rebuilt. Actually miles on the chassis is about 2,500. It also has fox shocks. He said it'll climb a power pole if your willing to to hold on!

Premium Features