• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why is the advertising banner on the right 3" wide???

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
It's so annoying to join a forum and pay the subscription fee every year and have this stupid ad banner on the right hand side in your face! It's 3" wide. What is the deal?

Aaron

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Just because you're a sucker & wasted your money on snowest doesn't mean you can't use a FREE software to make that junk go away!! :D

ad blocker. Gaagle it.

I've got no idea what you're talking about, I got rid of every ad on here when they did that stupid peel down ad (is that still around btw?)

I'm on a slow connection at home, so losing a bunch of the garbage they slap on here was really a big help.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Just because you're a sucker & wasted your money on snowest doesn't mean you can't use a FREE software to make that junk go away!! :D

ad blocker. Gaagle it.

I've got no idea what you're talking about, I got rid of every ad on here when they did that stupid peel down ad (is that still around btw?)

I'm on a slow connection at home, so losing a bunch of the garbage they slap on here was really a big help.

That worked like a champ! Sweet.................. Thanks for the info.

Aaron

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Now that is messed up. After all this time, my brain finally ignores the ads. (Like the huge crack in my bigscreen tv, lol.) Now that you guys brought it up, I cannot stop looking at the ads and am now downloading an adblocker. :)

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Now that is messed up. After all this time, my brain finally ignores the ads. (Like the huge crack in my bigscreen tv, lol.) Now that you guys brought it up, I cannot stop looking at the ads and am now downloading an adblocker. :)

Sorry man! I normally don't see it over there either, but it is was literally like 3" wide on the side of my browser. It's annoying when all the threads are real thin and this ad is flashing at you now. Snowest business and advertising must be down.

Aaron

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It's so annoying to join a forum and pay the subscription fee every year and have this stupid ad banner on the right hand side in your face! It's 3" wide. What is the deal?

Aaron

Hey Aaron.
I have a call in to Harris Publishing asking them WHAT that is all about.
As of this morning I still have no reply back from them.

I have to think something was coded in wrong and caused that to display that way.

Trying to get it resolved.

Last edited:
D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
They wanted it to resemble their mag rag. 20 pages of advertising and an out dated story. Difference with this site is at least its most always here. I'm not joining for a few more years until what I paid for mags. that never came is made up!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thanks Chris.........So you understand our frusturation I guess?

Aaron
Absolutely.
I think the graphic has to be an insertion error that was not sized properly.
But the head of IT at Harris hasn't replied to my repeated requests.
So I am guessing he is out of the office...

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Just like TV I hate them but must be necessary.

ACTUALLY...:face-icon-small-sho

They're COMPLETELY optional... it's up to you:face-icon-small-win

Snowest is the only site that hangs (you click, then it waits for a few seconds to a minute) out of all the ones I use, and I'll be honest though, getting rid of the ads doesn't change that at work where I have a very fast connection, but at home once it's done hanging, it loads much faster without the ads. Adblocker also gets rid of the "you know you want to upgrade" banners... but they rotate, so it takes like 16 times to get rid of all of them which is kinda funny!

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
HCS is a 1000 times slower than this site. I have a 25mb connection.

well... they figure you flatlanders are pretty slow anyhow I suppose, so what's the hurry:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-sho :face-icon-small-ton
(funny, we always called the FIB's flatlanders... like we lived in the alps in WI or something...:face-icon-small-win)

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Is there one that's better than the others? I see Super add blocker, add blocker, pop up blocker, etc when I do a search. I see some are tailored to Firefox. Could someone please put up a link that would work best with good old explorer.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
I use ad blocker plus on chrome & firefox. I've never seen a negative side effect, and it blocks only what I want it to. pretty easy, click, select block, gone.

Now that the ads are blocked. Is there a way to make the forum full screen. There is just empty space where the narrow ads used to be.

Premium Features