• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 Summit 600 - 136' to 151"

L
Mar 22, 2009
Valemount, BC
Hello,
I want to stretch the track on my summit 600, the 136 is not capable enough to keep up with our newer mountain sleds. I think the 136 inch track on the sled has only 1.75" lugs, will a newer 151 x 15 x 2 fit without dropping and rolling the chaincase? Also drivers and clutching, and modifications there? I am confident I can keep the skid and only swap to longer 151" rails. Is the tunnel extension really necessary? Is it only for extra cooling with the longer track? If anyone has done this conversion please let me know what I need to complete it.
Thanks,
Linden

kevinhoglund

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stanwood, Wa
136 t0 151

I streched my 2000 700 summit from a 136 to 159. Bought rail extentions from MMP and built my own tunnel extention out of diamond plate. I also put on rear drop brakets and a new bumper off a 03 summit w/159" track.

DSC03211.jpg DSC03212.jpg IMGP4823.jpg IMGP4824.jpg

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
As far as drivers are concerned it depends on what track you are going to use? If you stay with the older ski doo tracks I believe all of them are the same pitch so you won't have to change out drivers. As for the cooler you won't have to change it either but you need to do the extension so you can get the snow up to your cooler and maybe just for the hell of it run scratches of some sort. If I was you I would look in to changing the gearing alittle bit to get some low end back for the bigger track. Then get a hold of Dyno Joe's clutch kit and hold on!!!!:scared: It will be like riding a whole new sled. So in summary you need track, rails and or extensions, tunnel extension, and gearing. Slp makes rail extensions and tunnel extensions I used them on mine and like them.

Premium Features