• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 renegade max paddle?

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
Trying to help my friend with his 02 renegade 800 go from 135 to 151. He has a 1.25 paddle right now. Will a 2" fit no problem? Looking at an old challenger track.

Thanks!

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I had a 02 renegade and I put a 136 with two in paddles and then later a 151 with 2in paddles, both worked great so you should have no problem making that work

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
2" should be fine, but I don't think that anything bigger will fit in the bulkhead on the Renegade. It's not exactly the same as a Summit. The Summit has 10mm more clearance in the bulkhead in '02.

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
The 151 track made all the difference in the world. It was like a whole new snowmobile, however it was not as good in the deep snow as my 02 Summit Highmark with a 151 is. The reason is that the renegade is still going to have a steep aproach angle in the front, but it will still be a great improvment. I used a tunnel extension from Tracks USA, but if I could go back I would just order the tunnel extension off of a 02 Highmark summit from ski doo, cheaper and will fit better.

one thing to do to change the approach angle, is either modify mounts and move the whole skid back 3-4 inches, or a simple way is a longer arm of say the c-7 suspension from an early 90's skidoo, its about 2-3 inches longer than the sc suspension arm then only have to modify the rear mounts, and you can drop them out alot more, to give more digging room for the track and more tip over room to boondock like the movies schooled and schooled again.

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
That is a good idea, moving the skid back will really help the approach angle. With a skid "set back" you will only need to get 136 to 144 rail extensions as well becouse the set back will take up the rest of the slack in the track. It would be a good idea to change out the rear drop brackets becouse the stock renegade ones are much shorter then the summit brackets.

C
Dec 6, 2010
MN
I just finished this exact upgrade to my 2003 renegade 800. I've only ridden the sled around home (northern MN) and track hasn't rubbed yet. I ordered a tunnel extension from first place parts, it says it's for a 136 to 144-151. It didn't fit exactly perfect but I was able to make it work and it looks great now that it's done. You're probably going to want to make clutch and gearing changes also to get the power back.

Premium Features