• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha annouces BOOST options for 2011 Nytro MTX !!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yamaha Exclusive 180 HP Push Turbo / MPI Supercharger for 2011
<hr style="color: rgb(232, 232, 232); background-color: rgb(232, 232, 232);" size="1"> http://www.snowest.com/snowmobile-ne...ay.cfm?ID=2520

Yamaha Announces Major Options for 2011 Nytro MTX

Yamaha-exclusive 180-hp Push Turbo, MPI Supercharger systems
Yamaha announced at a press conference today at Hay Days exclusive power options for 2011 Yamaha Nytro MTX models.

A Push Turbo and MPI Supercharger system will be available through Yamaha dealers later this fall. Both systems will produce 180 horsepower and feature factory presets that eliminate user tuning.

Both the Push Turbo system and MPI Supercharger system are designed for 6,000-ft and higher elevation applications.

Both systems are priced at under $4,000 USD.

Yamaha also announced an optional rear suspension kit for the Nytro MTX that reduces the weight by approx. 25 pounds.

More to come...

UPDATE

Here's the details:

FX Nytro MTX Turbo

By Push Turbo
Distributed exclusively by Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories
http://www.pushturbo.com/

MSRP: $3,995
YPAD Part Number: SMA-TURBO-00-00

Fits 2008-2011 FX Nytro MTX Models
Easy installation, only cutting required is a 2-1/4 in hole for charge tube. Turbo comes pre-assembled and mounts above tunnel in place of factory exhaust muffler.
Uses OEM style wiring connectors
180 HP on premium pump gas
8 psi boost (non-adjustable)
1-year warranty (through Push Turbo)
Available exclusively at Yamaha dealerships
For use above 6,000 ft elevation

"The Push Turbo kit is designed only for operation at elevations above 6000 feet. While installation of this kit will not 'void' your snowmobile's warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage." -Official release statement.

FX Nytro MTX Supercharger
by Mountain Performance Inc.
http://www.mountainperformance.com/superchargers.htm

MSRP: $3,995
YPAD Part Number: SMA-SUPER-00-00

Fits 2008-2011 FX Nytro MTX models
Uses OEM Style wiring connectors
Uses stock exhaust
180 HP on premium pump gas
6 psi boost (non adjustable)
Features fuel-only GEMS control module that is non-adjustable
1-year warranty (through MPI)
Available exclusively at Yamaha dealerships
For use above 6,000 ft elevation

"The MPI Supercharger kit is designed only for operation at elevations above 6000 feet. While installation of this kit will not 'void' your snowmobile's warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage." -Official release statement.

Photos coming soon...

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thats a pretty big step forward for Yamaha.

Granted, these are NOT killer stage 3 Turbos or Superchargers, but just that fact that they are offering them is a huge change of course for a very conservative company.

Good changes are taking place at Yamaha that will positively effect our sleds!!

gouldsjett1

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2009
boost

What! Nothing for us way down here at sea level? Oh well it is a step forward for yamaha, happy to see them make this move.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Based on the restricted boost levels (6 or 8psi), I would say they are working to get the mountain riders solidly back to sea level power + a bit more for fun.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Wow, this is mostly a good thing. Reguardless of the fine print. Its a start..a stepping stone.

Hopefully others follow suit.

Granted, you'll now have 25k$ (turbo, suspension, this that and the other) snowmobiles from the factory...just to make a 4 stroke work in the deep n steep... o_O

Edit: For you haters giving negative feedback...I do ride a boosted Nytro (and I quite enjoy it too). I know what it takes to make 4 strokes work at elevation in the DEEP n STEEP. $$,$$$ I'm just not an ignorant Yamaha fanboi (nor Doo for that matter) is all.

Last edited:

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Factory offered low boost for these sleds is a HUGE step in the right direction. The price is still kind of high for what I think a low boost kit should be (IMHO).

This isn't really a surprise though. Yamaha has known for a long time what we want on these sleds, and there have been rumors about them testing boost kits for awhile now.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
So it sounds like this is just a kit that you can buy to install yourself is that right? I would assume that this is not a factory option for the sleds. Does it come with any kind of clutch kit also or are you on your own for that?

If that is the case isn't the ulmers kit the same price and it comes with clutching and everything? It is pretty cool for yamaha to be doing this.

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
All the details I have (quoted form press release):

Designed for ultimate mountain riding performance
Improved deep snow maneuverability
Improves weight transfer and bump stability
Easy installation using stock shocks and suspension rails
25 pound weight reduction
Available exclusively at Yamaha dealers

Fits 2010-2011 FX Nytro MTX models
YPAD part number: SMA-RSUSP-FX-00

MSRP: $929.95

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
This is awesome!

All the details I have (quoted form press release):

Designed for ultimate mountain riding performance
Improved deep snow maneuverability
Improves weight transfer and bump stability
Easy installation using stock shocks and suspension rails
25 pound weight reduction
Available exclusively at Yamaha dealers

Fits 2010-2011 FX Nytro MTX models
YPAD part number: SMA-RSUSP-FX-00

MSRP: $929.95

25 pound weight reduction! Holy crap! Wonder if it's made to hold the front end down better too? Anybody got pics of the kit?

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
Rear suspension
DSC_9141.jpg

Last edited:
S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
From the pics it looks like titanium? Chromoly? I am not a skid expert, so to you experts does this look like a coupled skid or noncoupled? The factory 2010 skid is uncoupled right? This is why it wheelies under boost so bad?
Thanks

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
This is pretty great news, both for Yammi & the industry as a whole far as I'm concerned! It'd be pretty cool to be able to go buy a factory turbo for the other brands, I hope this move pushes that closer to reality.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
It looks like an completely uncoupled skid.
And from the text "Improves weight transfer" = more wheelies!

Premium Features