• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why will i not pay, I'll tell ya !

S
Dec 22, 2007
Coquitlam
Been asked few times and well its like this for me. I mostly came here to update the locals on snow condtions, or help sledders from outside the area find info on best places to stay, where to ride, condtions to expect, pics of the area, that type of thing. So why would i pay to give my info out, I know not everyone comes here for the same reasons, but this is why alot of members the ones that give the most IMO are upset and leaveing me included.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
so why not not pay and still post the info. If you keep it under 50 posts for your thread everyone will be able to see it...

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
75 posts is the cutoff...not many threads even get that far?
not too many... except in fouled plug. or when there is one thread for continually updating ride information. Which there really isn't a point to keep it all in one thread.

Everyone says things have changed soo much here. The only stuff I see is the moderation and some of the threads I can't see the ends of. Not that big of a deal.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I absolutly respect that opinion and understand it. But just for the sake of conversation and another angle to look at the same scenario.....do you think the people you post that info for would be willing to pay to get that info?
I also think we'll be seeing alot of 49 post threads in the future....this part of the "upgrade" seems a bit silly to me.

S
Dec 22, 2007
Coquitlam
I absolutly respect that opinion and understand it. But just for the sake of conversation and another angle to look at the same scenario.....do you think the people you post that info for would be willing to pay to get that info?
I also think we'll be seeing alot of 49 post threads in the future....this part of the "upgrade" seems a bit silly to me.

Thats part of the problem right there is i can not see who wants to know too help them out in the first place, or i pay to have this right and i'm sorry if i do not feel its worth but i do not. Its really the members that are loseing not i for i will not be there to update or help anymore, so i just hope it is worth it for the members that want info that is not there anymore. What we have here is really a no win situation for both partys, and that really is the sad part.

S
Dec 22, 2007
Coquitlam
not too many... except in fouled plug. or when there is one thread for continually updating ride information. Which there really isn't a point to keep it all in one thread.

Everyone says things have changed soo much here. The only stuff I see is the moderation and some of the threads I can't see the ends of. Not that big of a deal.

If you don't like this type of post then don't read them, some people here are not as happy as you are about the changes, and this is the one place we can post if we do have a problem with this. I'm glad you are happy about the new site you can move on then no need to poke at the ones who are not.

B

blackcat900

Nov 26, 2007
Chelan WA.
so many different forums out there snow or diesel sites or what ever and they all are for free they are just trying to make some money off of us. The companys that have adds on here have to pay fees for there adds and they are pretty expensive that should be what pays for the upgrades on this site not the people who post snow conditions and Q&A about snowmobiles that what this site was here for to get everybody aware of problems and solutions for stuff, and to gossip and have a good time just my .02 thanks

T
This is BS...I will pay when the Add's go away as they slow things down. I gave up a fee last year when they said they needed funding just to help out but now it seems like they are taxing on both ends....us to use the site and the add purchacer's also. I think some think they have found a CASH COW.

THAT IS SAD

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
If you don't like this type of post then don't read them.
then shouldn't the saying if you don't like the site don't visit it? Why do you get to voice your opinion and not others?

just trying to point out that some of the changes made really have little bearing on the user experience and were just fluff. Other changes have ways around them that you can use. Just trying to point out some options, but it seems you don't want to hear any?

Framus, are you in love with me? It sure seems like it... lol

Last edited:

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
the part i dont like is that they are taking away things that we have already had and like

i would alomost compare it to taking candy from a baby

now if we were doing something wrong and it was everybody i can see taking things away like # of post you can read
but dont do it to us that haven't done anything

and also people that buy their membership i can see giving them something better than we have but don't take things away:face-icon-small-fro:brokenheart:

S
Dec 22, 2007
Coquitlam
then shouldn't the saying if you don't like the site don't visit it? Why do you get to voice your opinion and not others?

just trying to point out that some of the changes made really have little bearing on the user experience and were just fluff. Other changes have ways around them that you can use. Just trying to point out some options, but it seems you don't want to hear any?

Framus, are you in love with me? It sure seems like it... lol

You current status shows you are sick of these post so again why read them, but yet you continue to come and yes i say poke at people. Yes you can by all means post your opinion, but is that what you think you really are doing ?? So lets just be real and call it what it is.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
You current status shows you are sick of these post so again why read them, but yet you continue to come and yes i say poke at people. Yes you can by all means post your opinion, but is that what you think you really are doing ?? So lets just be real and call it what it is.

sick? I thought I was just tired? I posted comments on this thread to help show you that there are work arounds to not paying and that there is still a lot of functionality in the site if you don't pay.

so what was the point of this thread my good man?

S
Dec 22, 2007
Coquitlam
sick? I thought I was just tired? I posted comments on this thread to help show you that there are work arounds to not paying and that there is still a lot of functionality in the site if you don't pay.

so what was the point of this thread my good man?

Ok then tired of the crying you stated that fact thats your opinion. Can you really help do you have the power to change what has happend, no you can not so how can you really help with your comments, that its still all good and it works for you good great got it no prob. Don't need to read it ten times ten ways, once again its good got it thanks for your opinion.

Premium Features