• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen II mod build Pics

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
I was going to buy a new sled this summer but I was in a head on colision and out of work for a couple of months so here is what I got it is a 2001 rmk 700 with a tunnel gas tank and steering hoop from an 04 switchback 800 there are still a few parts I am looking for which include a pro`x seat a lightweighet front end and a set of performance front shocks as well as nitrus twin pipes and reeds so if anyone has somthing I can use let me know asap thanks

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
here are a couple pics of the steering post we cut to fit with the edge hoop we used the gen II bottom and edge top so I could use the edge brace it works good and is way stronger than stock also I have on a set of 8" risers with pro taper bars. I havn't decided what footwells to use yet so I am going to put the gen II ones on first to hold the t-arm mount and cut and put the edge bottom inside to get some support further back

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
here are some pics of the gen II footwells with the edge pieces cut out and riveted on top I did this because the edge wells went further back and gave the tunnel more support also I moved the tach to the handlebars and cut the pod so I can make 1 very big vent that will include the headlight as well

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
SWEEET Build! i always like to check out these older mods builds. Its so cool when you see one go ripping by on the mountain.

If you are looking for a rear skid and track, i have what you need. I have a 2009 dragon skid and a track. If you bought both i would make you one hell of a deal. I also have a primary that would fit that bad boy.

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
I did not make he mount I am not sure where they come from I am going o be making a vent for the headlight and the top of the pod if you are interested keep checking back I will do a how to post if it works I assume I will have to go up at least 3 jet sizes I hope

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
Here are some pics of the vent I made for materials I used aluminum for the frame and a double layer of pet screen for the vent and I put it on top of the gauge pod that I cut down I think it should help with the air flow a little bit, let me know what you think.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
let me know what your askin for everything I am always interested in stocking up on parts

2009 Polaris Walker Evans Shocks -$250 obo
2009 Dragon Rear skid, 155" $550
Camoplast Extreme 151x2.25x15-$300
Those are the prices we are looking at....Total it would be $about $1300...

BUT...If you bought it all you would get the best rear mountain supension on the market with out spending $2500...VERY good Walker evans ski shocks, and a VERY good deep powder snow track for $900obo.

The rear skid would cost more than $1000 to buy new, each walker evans airshock is $375 A SHOCK new, and the track was $550 new.

ALL are in great shape, NO lugs are missing off the track, NOT ONE. you will be satisfied with the parts or money back.

Call me at 406-224-0067

G
Nov 28, 2007
Montana
tach mount

I did not make he mount I am not sure where they come from I am going o be making a vent for the headlight and the top of the pod if you are interested keep checking back I will do a how to post if it works I assume I will have to go up at least 3 jet sizes I hope

I believe that is one of my tach mounts that we CNC'd at Shiloh Rifle. IF its the same one that was in my garage. Is that the one Cam? Anyhow we zipped a few out real quick for the "mod-squad" back in the day. I hope you chamfered the outer edge as they were razor sharp.
Looking good on build Cam. Dont give up this year, finish it. Please.:face-icon-small-coo

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
yup it is one out of garage and it is getting closer everyday to being finished the big thing now will be getting my motor back together but at least we got all the parts to do so

C
Jan 25, 2011
south lake tahoe
Did you get this done? If so could you post some pics from the front? Where did you mount your lights or are they in the stock location? Great idea with the tach mount and vent. I've been trying to come up with something similar, just trying to figure out the lights. Thanks

Premium Features