• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Under Tunnel Exhaust for Nytro

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looking for some clean photo examples of an under tunnel exhaust for my new Nytro.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Y

yamahaboy701

Oct 15, 2008
Just found out today that skinz is making a under the tunnel exhaust but in the test stages right now.

Last edited:

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
heres a few pics. Sorry there with my phone. Its just a Glasspack from local muffler shop. It can be installed 2 ways, Either quiet side or loud side. Did the quiet side and its not too loud but sounds good. total cost of $30 + the OFT tunnel block off plate.

UnderTunnel Exhaust.jpg UnderTunnel Exhaust2.jpg

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Just found out today that skinz is making a under the tunnel exhaust but in the test stages right now.

Finally some ones making a kit. Ulmer was also in the works to make one but they are on hold for some reason.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My plan, is to install the MCX Turbo later this summer for next year. And I want to port the exhaust under the tunnel to keep the top of the tunnel clear.

But.
I would like to install the exhaust NOW, knowing that when the MCX is installed and the new headers go in, that the exhaust can be modified to work with the MCX.

And yes, I know, it would make a LOT more sense to do it all at the same time. But I really want to clear my tunnel now and not wait till next year.

I thought I had seen a photo of someone that had used a Suzuki GSR or GSX Muffler and had reported that it worked very well because it was not a round exhaust but rather a flattened oval that hugged the top of the tunnel really well?? But when I go searching for it, I am not finding anything that "Looks" like what I am remembering....

I am NOT interested in a LOUD exhaust.
A clearer, cleaner, crisper exhaust note would be great.
But I do not want loud just for the sake of being loud.
Been there, done that :D

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
My plan, is to install the MCX Turbo later this summer for next year. And I want to port the exhaust under the tunnel to keep the top of the tunnel clear.

But.
I would like to install the exhaust NOW, knowing that when the MCX is installed and the new headers go in, that the exhaust can be modified to work with the MCX.

And yes, I know, it would make a LOT more sense to do it all at the same time. But I really want to clear my tunnel now and not wait till next year.

I thought I had seen a photo of someone that had used a Suzuki GSR or GSX Muffler and had reported that it worked very well because it was not a round exhaust but rather a flattened oval that hugged the top of the tunnel really well?? But when I go searching for it, I am not finding anything that "Looks" like what I am remembering....

I am NOT interested in a LOUD exhaust.
A clearer, cleaner, crisper exhaust note would be great.
But I do not want loud just for the sake of being loud.
Been there, done that :D

Skinz kit is THE ticket!!!

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
I had a 2brothers bike exhaust before but i sucked up a rock or something and ruined the muffler. It worked well while i had it. was oval like you were speaking of.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
If your gonna go MCX save the money and use it for the kit....MCX kit comes with a muffler and if you want a tunnel exhaust theres no room for a muffler as the exhaust needs to point forward to no get plugged off from snow.

I beg to differ. I am running a Yoshi can from a GSXR 1000 and it is pointed back and I and not had any pluging problems. Even after sliding backwards down hill and packing the back of my tunnel with snow and in about four feet of true fluff.

IMG_1818.JPG 1.JPG IMG_1819.JPG 1.JPG

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
When do we get to LOOK at the ticket?

It has been posted before...this is Otis sled...the muffler will be different than this one, but the rest is the same...

nytroseat2.jpg

nytroseat5.jpg

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
It has been posted before...this is Otis sled...the muffler will be different than this one, but the rest is the same...

Thanks, yah I have seen those, but those don't show the muffler.. ;)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Think muffler ure lookin for is a yoshi RS5. Just bought one for my nytro turbo.Has to be from a CBR r with undertail exhaust check yoshi site
BINGO!! That was the style of muffler that I had seen.
$359 for Stainless
$414 for Titanium

0000_Yoshimura_RS-5_Slip-On_Exhaust_Titanium.jpg

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If your gonna go MCX save the money and use it for the kit....MCX kit comes with a muffler and if you want a tunnel exhaust theres no room for a muffler as the exhaust needs to point forward to no get plugged off from snow.
The shop I frequent, Rexburg Motor Sports, just installed their 3rd MCX this week. And I had a chance to crawl under the tunnel and take a pretty close look at it.

From what I saw, and what the mechanics said, there should be NO problem with dumping the exhaust from the MCX to an under tunnel Muffler.

The challenge will be the INTAKE.

Premium Features