• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TECH TIPS for 700 & 800 EDGE's, Free Mods & Best Bang for the Buck

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
just line up the engraved lines on oil pump if you look on the oil pump you will see them, adjust it where the cable connects to oil pump nut on opposite side just loosen and adjust hope this helps

I understand the oil calibration, but mine is still running way too fat on the stock setting. Blowing oil out like mad. How do you test the oil to fuel ratio other then slowly leaning out the oil by adjusting the pump. I am running a boosted edge and don't necessarily want to guess.
Thanks.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I understand the oil calibration, but mine is still running way too fat on the stock setting. Blowing oil out like mad. How do you test the oil to fuel ratio other then slowly leaning out the oil by adjusting the pump. I am running a boosted edge and don't necessarily want to guess.
Thanks.

I would first set up the marks to where it's just a little leaner than the factory marks (at full throttle position) , next, see how much oil you use in a tankfull of gas and re-adjust if neccesary.

approx 22 ounces of oil per 10 gallons of fuel= approx 60:1

That's the only way that I'm aware of to get it right.

G
Nov 24, 2008
im running a slp singl pipe with can and air horn kit

how close are the slp jetting spec are the conservitive or a bit lean

P

prairiebound

Dec 3, 2007
risers and wind protecters

A couple of things that I may have missed in your suggestions were handle bar riser and wind deflectors for your hands. I tryed some different deflectors and like the way the Skinz ones work. Easy to install, don't break off, keep your hands warm. I did see that someone mentioned board cutouts and it probably is the best mod I have done for my sled to go to the mountains. Also you can put a perc on these sleds to make them a lot easeier to move around. Stock skies are a pile of junk. Simmons are what most people went to. If your sled came with throwaway shocks when you wreck it update to rebuildable shocks. Really a big improvement in the ride. Been thinking about a new sled. Went out this week and had a lot of fun on my 03 700 rmk. Thought why do I want a sled payment when I can have this much fun on one payed off. Has anyone put one of the new team clutches on a rmk yet. i allways thought team had pretty darn good stuff. I would say that after sitting on some different new sleds at the dealers I would like to put a boss seat on and get my butt above my ankles. But when do you quit sticking money in a 7 year old sled with 5000 miles on it.

S
Feb 21, 2010
How important is the TPS to check? What effect will it have on the machine if it is off? My machine starts fine when it is cold, but when warm i have to hold the throttle a bit. Any ideas?

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
How important is the TPS to check? What effect will it have on the machine if it is off? My machine starts fine when it is cold, but when warm i have to hold the throttle a bit. Any ideas?

T.P.S. on the carbed sleds should not affect starting.

It's pretty much standard operating procedure to hold the throttle at approx 1/4 throttle while pulling it over.

XCR 1250, on H.C.S. runs his mod sled with out the T.P.S hooked up

Hope this helps

W

wyodoo

Dec 1, 2007
gillette wyoming
Do you know what the compression should be for an 03 700 at about 5000 ft. elevation. We checked and got 125 and 128. Sled has 1300 miles on it with SLP pipe can and big air kit.
Thanks

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Do you know what the compression should be for an 03 700 at about 5000 ft. elevation. We checked and got 125 and 128. Sled has 1300 miles on it with SLP pipe can and big air kit.
Thanks

ttt for "efulton"

Last edited:

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
If I want to gear my sled for a little bit more track speed since i think my stock Rmk800 gearing is a little bit "revvy" for my big bore engine..what you would you recommend?

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Gearing

I run 21/41 with my 2004 Vertical Escape with an SLP single pipe at 900 ft. It's a 151 x 15 x 2 track.

I've really only used it out west at alttitude and haven't used it much to ride trails in MN so cannot comment on top end. With a 2" paddle track it's really not one much for trails.

S
Sep 16, 2009
Lagrande OR
help

Got a question for u guys. Last season my 04 800 ran like a champ on the trail or in 'go anywere snow' but when I would pule a big hill in deep powder it would bog down and blubber or cut out kinda it would also do it when I did cookies any ideas

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
What symptoms can a faulty TPS cause, or one not set correctly? Will it affect timing or fuel delivery on a carbed model?

Higher voltage on T.P.S.= advanced ignition timing

T.P.S. on carbed models can't and do not have any impact on fuel delivery

Premium Features