• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How loud is Jaws front dump can

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I have had a Cutler can and an SLP and now considering the Jaws front dump. Can anyone tell me how loud they are compared to the others?

Thanks!

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Just turn your cutler into a front dump. It is the easiest one to modify. Cut the pipe inlet off, weld a 90 on and weld the inlet on to the 90. Take it to a local muffler shop and have them do it, its a piece of cake. Sounds great too.

80arrow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2008
Grand Rapids MN
Very loud, good for your friends if they are taking a break. They can hear you a long ways off if you get stuck:D With mine I actually wore earplugs, but it got rid of my bogging.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
Just turn your cutler into a front dump. It is the easiest one to modify. Cut the pipe inlet off, weld a 90 on and weld the inlet on to the 90. Take it to a local muffler shop and have them do it, its a piece of cake. Sounds great too.

I don't have the Cutler anymore or I would.

Thanks for all the input guys.

B
Jan 20, 2009
they are loud but they sound good IMO. 2 of my friends have them on M1000's and and and another has one on his assault. They sound awsome

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
obnoxious loud.

I would buy anything else, just for your friends' ears sake.

I wish jaws would stop catering to the retards in our sport & making obnoxious crap.

100% agreed. they are VERY smart guys at Jaws when it comes to pipes, but they don't think they are loud??? I've literally had this convo with them on the phone before.

Me: "hey Jaws - love the power and pipes, way impressed, but man your stuff is loud!"

Jaws: "really??? you think our stuff is loud?"

Me: "the loudest on the market by far with your M7/twins setup".

Jaws: "are you sure you are talking about our pipes?"

Me: "Yes. For sure!"

Jaws: "we don't think they are loud."

Me: "nevermind...I give up"

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I have a set of Jaws D-pipes with front dump

My buddies don't like it. It is loud. The sled has never made so much power though. I wish I could go back to the single pipe and my original rear exit with stock can, but I'm quite certain it won't work anymore with my mods.

Owen

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
jaws

i kinda like the sound of a m1000 jaws can when the valves open but then again i usually don't ride in parks and most of the time am in spots where nobody else is. if i rode in a tree hugging populated place i would run something different

T
Sep 10, 2009
meridian ID
I love the sound of jaws stuff, if you dont like how loud it is maybe go wait in the truck with the hippies and cross country skiers.

or maybe we wont have to worry about sleds at all after all these stupid loud sleds get us banned from public lands. the couple of horse power you think you are gaining are not worth all that racket and my right to land access, i got a question for ya......is it dark up there?? your ignorance will cost us all

S
Fixed that for you.

Me: "hey Jaws - love the power and pipes, way impressed, but man your stuff is loud!"

Jaws: "WHAT?"

Me: "the loudest on the market by far with your M7/twins setup".

Jaws: "WHAT?"

Me: "I said, YOUR STUFF IS LOUD!"

Jaws: "we don't think they are loud."

Me: "nevermind...I give up"

B
Jan 20, 2009
Not saying you should go out and make you're sled as loud and annoying as possible but if someone wants to put a jaws can or any other can on there sled to give it a crisp bark then i'm all for it. Make you're sled the way YOU want and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Cool it......we're all on the same side

Yes, noise is a problem, but so is leaving tracks, carbon monoxide, etc, etc.
I will accept you as a snowmobiler and respect your choices on setup. Love ya man. What? what?.........Darn that plane is loud.

Owen

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I love the sound of jaws stuff, if you dont like how loud it is maybe go wait in the truck with the hippies and cross country skiers.

What you don't understand tard, is that it's YOU that will be sitting in the lot with the hippies, because YOU helped get riding areas shut down.

Well done.

I'll just go buy a splitboard & go back to snowboarding I guess:face-icon-small-sho

It's not that complicated, but at least the industry (aside from Jaws) is moving away from catering to morons who want to be as annoying as possible.

B
Jan 20, 2009
If I want my sled loud she's gunna be loud, i'm not doing it to p&^% people off its just how I like my stuff. I dont think calling Jaws and the people who buy Jaws retarded is called for at all.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
you just don't get it.

Look at every "loud pipes" thread on here, it's explained over & over.

and yes, it is called for because they're a big problem in our industry right now. If they don't get it, then that's exactly my point.

Glad you don't ride where I ride.

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
Loud?

I have got to get in on this one. This is for the guy "backcountryislife" that has a lagit complaint. I work in law-enforcement and attend many meetings regarding this very issue. I run a modified sled with jaws pipes and a front dump loud can. I can tell you that although you feel that loud pipes are going to end this sport I can tell you that that is far from the truth. Those out there that don't like our sport only use loud pipes as a tool in their arsenal during meetings that only they and many of their friends can attend because the rest of us have jobs. Contrary to what you believe those who want to shut this sport down don't want any machine, noise or not, in the woods or on the trail. So I admire you commitment but you need to direct you anger at the folks who want to shut this sport down and not to those who love and support this sport. My recommendation for those who do have loud pipes, like myself, is to either take a minute to shut down while people pass or just go as slow as you can while in their presence. Sometimes you will be amazed at what people who ski or snowshoe will tell you when you stop. Many will suprise you and tell you that they would buy a snowmobile in a second if they had the money and I have even given non-motorized folks a ride on the back which usually ends with "I gotta buy one". Just my 2 cents.

Premium Features